Bravia kdl 55ex640 vertical green lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bravia kdl 55ex640 vertical green lines

This TV has vertical green lines whereever there is supposed to be black.
    There is also some smearing effect.

I'd say it looks like a panel failure but maybe somebody has some good news for me?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by paulstef; 04-29-2018, 12:59 PM. Reason: added pic

Re: Bravia kdl 55ex640 vertical green lines

Can you get a menu up?

Comment

i kind of doubt that its a panel failure based on the limited photo.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
        Can you get a menu up?
        yes, it also shows on menu. whenever it should be black I suppose... In the attached pic the little green dots are not supposed to be there....

The smearing effect makes me think this cannot be caused by TCon or others..
        On TCON my VGMA voltages are good (in sequence).

I had maybe 6 Sonys on my table in 3 years or so and all of them were unrepairable...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by paulstef; 04-29-2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Its hard to interpret from that pic as to where on screen the problem is showing. Its certainly unusual and doesn't look exactly vertical but more like a scan pattern left to right down the screen to the very definite cut off point.

Comment

ok here is another pic.
            The moire is due to my cellphone camera. It is vertical green lines.
            The appear anywhere where it's supposed to be black. Like when I turn on the TV for a second while there is no picture yet the whole screen looks like this.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by paulstef; 04-29-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I'm with budwich in thought on this and would be trying another tcon if cheap enough and the ones I have purchased mainly China sellers $12 -$30 aud. If still no go its worth it for the learning experience?

Comment

Originally posted by maxvalutech View Post
                I'm with budwich in thought on this and would be trying another tcon if cheap enough and the ones I have purchased mainly China sellers $12 -$30 aud. If still no go its worth it for the learning experience?
                ok, thanks guys, I'll see if I find one...

Comment

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-lj9...-con-board.htm There's a good pic. of the tcon, wonder if it can be fixed if it is indeed the culprit?

Comment

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/WDL-...792789753.html Not sure but this ad claims this tcon will work for those four different screen sizes, wonder if it's accurate, if it is, it will be a little easier to find one.

Comment

http://www.ustvparts.com/apps/websto...utf8=%E2%9C%93 If you can confirm the info. in the alieexpress ad to be true, then there's two there, think one says 46x640 and one says 46x645, 38 bucks and 34 bucks, maybe call them and ask if they know if it will work in your model and panel number and maybe check sticker numbers.
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-29-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

you could do yourself a BIG favor if you input a KNOWN test pattern... like smpte color bars / test chart. Then post a picture, you will get a better "guess" as to the issue... although there is little chance that a panel issue will cause such a "uniform disturbance" on black areas across the panel without other things obviously happening.

Comment

ok, thanks again for your input, I'll check the test pattern as well

Comment

i would get down and dirty with it and heat up tcon board then freeze it and see what happens

Comment

I'm somewhat intrigued that the logo shadow seems unaffected with the green dots seemingly under it. What affects the LCD ? Well if on all inputs then first thought is tcon with service menu settings next in line and that leads to test pattern checks as budwich has suggested before tcon purchase.

Comment

I was so sure to have a panel fault that I didn't even think of heating/cooling the boards.

Finally it's an area under a processor on the mainboard that is sensitive to heat/cold but not to bending/pushing... Sometimes the picture is ok sometimes not

Gave it a hot air solder station sweep but didn't work. Now I first have to ask the TVs owner if he wants to take the risk attempting to repair the board. Probably an BGA chip (it's under a shield, not visible) or some via or some ceramic capacitor etc.

This gives it some closure at least and I know it's not the panel. Learned something

Thanks again to all
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X