Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emerson LF501EM4A...first succesful screen replacement!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emerson LF501EM4A...first succesful screen replacement!!

I picked up this Emerson LF510EM4A last night with a broken screen. I got the same model TV from a Laundromat about a month ago. It had bad LED's and a good display screen.

When I checked the panel part numbers they were the same!

This morning I started swapping the screen. I tried lifting the broken one by hand. It flexed and cracked right down the middle. That's when I said it's time to go to Harbor Freight and get a couple suction cups.

After getting them I took apart the Laundromat TV, suction cupped the screen and it came out and went back in perfect!

The moral of the story: suction cups are a must for screen removal and replacement! They're just as handy as a bag around bread, a can around Pepsi and a pocket on a t-shirt!
    Attached Files
    They call me......."threadkiller"

Re: Emerson LF501EM4A...first succesful screen replacement!!

Nice job, I think suction cups are the best way to equalize the pressure, it seems like they are just too fragile to grab up from laying flat with 2 or 3 people even, if I had to try it without suction cups, I would try it from an upright position instead of laying flat and that would be a tough job too.

Comment

What suction cups did you get? pictures? Thinking of getting some,I got a few 60" and a 55" curved that I have been stalling on in fear of crcking the screen.
      Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Here you go!
        Attached Files
        They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Working...
        X