need help on a molyboard 65" touchscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help on a molyboard 65" touchscreen

So I found this 65" touchscreen at our local recycling dropoff, complete with windows 7 pc built in. the issue is the backlight comes on but noting but a black screen. my first thought is maybe it uses a crappy sharp panel which took out the t-con. the panel is buried pretty deep behind a lot of aluminum it seems and I havent tried to get to it yet. the T-con board is a chimei innolux and the part number is 417u63ect3511g20603005. even scanned the barcode= nothing
    It does have the more common "tpt mv-0e88441" and 94-0 1502 1001/t18 Google isnt showing me anything... I cant even find pics of this set on molyboards site (model number has been removed)

I have never actually troubleshot voltages on a tcon before, (besides changing bad as15/19 chips for solarization issues. I do see a c_vin along with some other test points. is there any universal things I can look for to give me an indication if this is the issue?
    I have tried unplugging each sides ribbon cable and the side that is still plugged in remains black

I do see one mosfet on the t-con. i will check to see if its shorted but I see no fuses on this one.

I will try to upload a pic after work
    Last edited by augiedoggy; 04-03-2018, 06:08 AM.

Re: need help on a molyboard 65" touchscreen

you made the observation that the side that remained plugged in (tcon to panel cable) remained black... what happened to the unplugged side? Is the "thing" responding to any inputs / buttons / touches?

can you get at the main board? Have you looked to see if there is some form of wifi card that can be unplugged as sometimes on sets with wifi connections, that "interaction" is hosed causing things to be locked up.
    Last edited by budwich; 04-03-2018, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
      you made the observation that the side that remained plugged in (tcon to panel cable) remained black... what happened to the unplugged side? Is the "thing" responding to any inputs / buttons / touches?

can you get at the main board? Have you looked to see if there is some form of wifi card that can be unplugged as sometimes on sets with wifi connections, that "interaction" is hosed causing things to be locked up.
      the other side is white upon powerup.
      yes I have access to the main board, no wifi that I could see except on the windows pc which I tried unhooking. the tv powers on and off fine but other than that I dont know, theres no menu on the screen and I have no way of knowing the input its on. the speakers are unplugged from the main board and I have to repair the plug for them to connect to it. someone removed the rear cover in a attempt to repair it before me. and left it unplugged. it appeared to have gotten caught on something (likely the cover) and pulled.
      I have checked other labeled voltages on the main board and all look good.

BTW Ive seen what your speaking of on the wifi causing lockups on a couple vizio smart tvs I repaired.
      Last edited by augiedoggy; 04-04-2018, 05:32 AM.

Comment

I am sure people would be interested in seeing pictures of the how things are connected in the back since probably all / most have never seen that backside. This may help with ideas. My guess is that the "pc portion" is pooched and perhaps you need to look at some way to get at it with some form of keyboard / display connection to reload it perhaps.

Comment

I am sure people would be interested in seeing pictures of the how things are connected in the back since probably all / most have never seen that backside. This may help with ideas. My guess is that the "pc portion" is pooched and perhaps you need to look at some way to get at it with some form of keyboard / display connection to reload it perhaps.
          The pc is fine actually, booted it up and connected it to another monitor... its a win 7 stand alone micro pc that plugs into the touchescreen via usb behind the covers and has front mount usb inputs. the monitor has other inputs too though to use it with other sources.

I'll try to get some picvs up later today.

thanks.

Comment

ok... that bit of info helps alot as now you are likely looking at input board issues.

Comment

ok... that bit of info helps alot as now you are likely looking at input board issues.
              you mean main board right? all the hdmi and component and even vga inputs are on the main board. the pc looks like it was just added as an option. taking photos now. the unplugged wires o the main board are the speakers and 24v amp power for the speakers.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by augiedoggy; 04-05-2018, 06:11 AM.

Comment

I have had failed tcon boards especially on the vizio and sharp sets cause the same symptoms but was hoping there was a voltage I could look and test for on the tcon to troubleshoot further.
                Of course I realize it could also be main board related as well.

Comment

info is going to be tough. You might want to try track down info on some of the IC's to see if there are some conditions required to make them function that aren't there for whatever reason. Guess it depends on how much time and effort you want to spend.
                  Because the panel seems to respond to the "cable pulls", side to side, my guess is at the tcon or main board. have tried input any signals beside the usb type ones to see if anything happens at all?

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...0&d=1522929216
                    FP1 is the protection (fuse) on that T-CON.
                    You can also see some Voltage test points on that T-CON, I.E. VIN12V (which is the 12VDC feeding the T-CON board that comes from the main board switched MOSFET to provide 12V for running the T-CON), V33V which is the 3.3V, and many other test points on the board.
                    Never stop learning
                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Thanks guys been busy, I will try to do more testing this week.
                      I did manage to repair a 55" samsung smart tv that had a bad side bonding tab by removing all the tabs on one side of the panel just like the popular fix with the sharp/vizio common failures. wish I knew it worked on other larger panels sooner..

Comment

Working...
                      X