Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony chassis AE-5 led blinks 4 times

Hi,
    I have a Sony KV-29FX60E (chassis AE-5) that blinks 4 times; the manual tells that is vertical protect. I´ve already change IC vertical STV9379 but no change. Whath could be?
    Tanks
    Last edited by fpsousa; 12-01-2017, 08:15 AM. Reason: atach file

Re: Sony chassis AE-5 led blinks 4 times

There are a couple resistors near the flyback, R6834 and R6835 (.47 ohm) They supply the + & - 15 volts for the vert. output ic

Comment

They are good, but these two voltages don´t up enough, because the TSL seems to be up briefly and goes off imediatly. if no horizontal, no voltage to vertical circuit.

Comment

Check the Horiz Driver Transistor Q601. That could be faulty also. See if this SM I uploaded would help you.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Andrew F. Ali; 12-01-2017, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Does this set use that horrible jungle IC Like the WEGA sets did is the early to mid 2000s?
          Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Andrew, thats a Sharp manual, this is a Sony, go to https://elektrotanya.com for the manual SONY KV-29FX60A B D E U CHASSIS AE5
            Check the B+ voltage to the horz. outputs, is it +135 and not over.
            Try disconnecting CN5600 to the "C" board (crt board) if one or more of the video drive ic's are bad (shorted +200v)they will shut down the horz. circuit.
            I would also check the 2 pin amp transistors, Q6805 & Q6806
            I have only worked on the North American versions of the Sony crt's.
            Last edited by R_J; 12-01-2017, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              Andrew, thats a Sharp manual, this is a Sony, go to https://elektrotanya.com for the manual SONY KV-29FX60A B D E U CHASSIS AE5
              Check the B+ voltage to the horz. outputs, is it +135 and not over.
              Try disconnecting CN5600 to the "C" board (crt board) if one or more of the video drive ic's are bad (shorted +200v)they will shut down the horz. circuit.
              I would also check the 2 pin amp transistors, Q6805 & Q6806
              I have only worked on the North American versions of the Sony crt's.
              OOPS!!! Hope I didn't confuse things...Thanks for pointing out my mistake, R_J...
              Last edited by Andrew F. Ali; 12-02-2017, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                Does this set use that horrible jungle IC Like the WEGA sets did is the early to mid 2000s?
                I send a diagram AE-5; the CXA2100Q generate HDrive at near 32Khz (double of the portuguese standard -16325 Khz), but don´t generate the vertical SAW at pins5 and 6 but the other pins, generate normal vertical signals, 500Khz oscilator good, even put the Vprotect at pin 16 to a 0 volts; so, only the pins 5 and 6 (SAW+ and SAW-), don´t out nothing; could be these IC? or another protection is active?
                Tanks
                Attached Files

Comment

I believe the saw waveforms are generated by a working vertical output, not by the cxa2100q ic. I also believe the 4 blink could be misleading, If you don't have the flyback working, you won't develope the +15 & -15 volts for the vertical output ic to function, with no vertical output waveform the tv thinks the vertical has failed but a fault in the flyback circuit may also show this error, It could be a bad ihvt (flyback)
                  Do you have the horz. drive to the horz. output transistors? do you have any high voltage at all?

Comment

Regard: pins 5 and 6 go to A4 and A5 CN 4101 that goes to A board CN 1401 A4 and A5 (DE8 and DE10) to D board pins 17 and 19 and finaly, signal enters by CN6102 same pins and go to pin 1 and 7 IC 6700, they are enters, do you agreed?
                    Yes, i´ve already had another Sony that 4 blinks, are TSL.
                    I´ve tested E board out the tv set and aplly 9 V and the result is a good HDrive (about 32 Khz square wave) and some Vertical outs on pins 3,4, and good 503Khz on 15.
                    So, my doubt at these time is if the CXA2100 are really good or some protecion is on because when put E board on TV the HD not go out too.

Comment

Sucess! i´ve already discover the problem: the xray protection was activeted and don´t allows power on. No problem with vertical circuits. After this problem had been sorted out, the tv works good.
                      Thank you all for the help.

Comment

Working...
                      X