Panasonic plasma tv TH-42PY800H - intermittent half screen black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic plasma tv TH-42PY800H - intermittent half screen black

This TV survived the red screen issues a few years back thanks to the fix suggested by this forum.

Recently it's started to show black screen on the right half intermittently. I tried to re-seat the LVDS cable and some other cables on and around the A board but the problem has become more random.

As the D board is behind the A board, I couldn't reach those ribbon cables there. Would they be the culprits? Or is there any other thoughts?

Re: Panasonic plasma tv TH-42PY800H - intermittent half screen black

Could be panel , could be d board or mainboard.....

Please provide some pictures!
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Here's a pic of the symptom. The whole right half is black at times.
      Attached Files

Comment

2 more from the back
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the lvds cable or its connectors is at fault. Anyone know where to get a replacement?

Comment

Nah not the connectors. Half screen is black , i would say mainboard or d board. D board is the small board behind the mainboard , the red connector goes to the d board.

What happens when you apply pressure on the heatsink?
            I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I tried to put pressure on one end of the LVDS cable. At a certain angle/position, the problem can be fixed. Once I leave it, the problem comes back.

Comment

Post a pic of what you are pressing on.

Comment

Working...
                X