Vizio E600i-b3 vertical box left side of screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E600i-b3 vertical box left side of screen

I got a Vizio E600i-b3 from work for free because it was broken. The colors were off and I figured I could fix it. When I got it home, to my surprise, it worked fine. After a week the color issue returned. I googled around for solutions and found it could be the tcon board. I ordered one from shopjimmy.com. While I waited I went ahead and took the TV apart to get ready for the new board. I read about making sure the cables were seated correctly, but none of that helped. At one point I didn't realize the tv was plugged in while I was removing the ribbon cables on the tcon board. There is now a vertical box on the left side of the TV. The new tcon did fix the color issue, but I get the vertical box with either of the tcon board installed. My fear is that I fried part of the panel while messing with the ribbon cables. What are your alls thoughts? Pictures below.

I was thinking of ordering the full repair kit from shopjimmmy.com which includes the power, control, and tcon boards. I wanted to see what your alls thought were before I spent $60 on it.

https://i.imgur.com/buQC173.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/dU3F9dV.jpg

After unplugging the two ribbon cables on the tcon board going to the panel the screen in now all white. This makes me think the panel isn't bad, but I have no idea. With the LVDS cable unplugged the screen is backlit and all black

Do you all think the panel is bad?

https://imgur.com/gallery/Rn5IO(tcon disconnected from panel)

Re: Vizio E600i-b3 vertical box left side of screen

Check the tcon ribbon cables at each end. The gold contacts are very easily damaged.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply dick_barton. I just tried switching the left and right ribbon cables and the picture shows the same issue.

Comment

If this panel has the t-con at the bottom of the screen, I would check the small board that connects the t-con to the panel for any water/cleaning fluid damage in that area of the screen. Cleaning liguid has a tendancy to run down the screen and corrode either the connection to the panel or the small thin board itself, might be worth a look

Comment

Thanks for the response R_J. It is the model where the panel connects below the tcon. I haven't been able to find out any information on what the board is called and I can't seem to be able to remove it. Do you know what it's called? I have posted pictures of what it looks like.

https://imgur.com/gallery/8RTy7

Comment

You have to remove the bezel around the set to get at that board.

Comment

The board is part of the lcd panel, so I don't think you wil find a specific name for it.
              The board can't be disconnected from the lcd panel, the ribbon cables are bonded from the board to the panel.

Comment

Although the board cannot be removed as RJ stated, you can check it for water damage which unfortunately does occur with sets having the Tcon's located at the bottom of the set and also check that there are no overheated COF chips. (the little IC glued to the ribbon between the thin pcb and the panel)

Comment

Thank you all for the replies and suggestions. The panel was working fine until I started moving the tcon ribbon cables while the TV was still plugged in so I don't think it is water damage. My suspicion is that I fried the panel and i'm looking for confirmation or if there is anything I can replace to try and fix it.

I'm kicking myself now because if I would have just waited for the new tcon instead of messing with things I would have a working TV right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X