Sharp LC-60LE832U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-60LE832U

You have to hit the power switch at least and you may not see any action but the main point is to find out if there is any activities at the connector on the power supply that goes to the main board.
    That AC_DET of 3VDC should be present the minute you applied the power to TV, if not you need to get the correct AC_DET first.
    Since you still have the old power supply, why not check the AC_DET pin to see what you have on that old board.
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by RickSinGA View Post
      Here is where I am at as of now.

Replaced Power Board; nothing changed?
      Replaced Main Board; nothing changed?

Still one long and one short blink of the power light when pluged into power. Neither TV nor remote works for power on or shortcut to codes. Screen is black, no indication of any activity.

Can anyone give me some direction please?

Thanks
      Rick S.
      These main boards have an overly sensitive fault detection system. If a fault is registered "x" amount of times the main goes into a blink sequence and the tv becomes inop. The fault that made it this way may be no more catastrophic than the previous errors that led up to it so you need to bypass the blink to reset the error count which is why I asked you about your panel buttons in post 76.

It's very possible there is nothing wrong with your main board or the one you purchased. If these are in error shutdown they must be reset if they are not otherwise damaged.

Comment

Backed up and mounted toe base and stood the panel up where I could actyually see the power buttons etc.

Did the V_, Cha+ and Power. Power light now was constant. Took these readings.

Pin# - Desc - Off - On
        1 - PNL 12v - 0v - 12.02v
        2 - PNL 12v - 0v - 12.02v
        3 - GND - - - -
        4 - GND - - - -
        5 - S13.2v - 0.1mv - 13.05v
        6 - S13.2v - 0.1mv - 13.05v
        7 - UR13.2v - 0.1mv - 13.05v
        8 - UR13.2v - 0.1mv - 13.05v
        9 - GND - 0v - 16.9mv
        10 - GND - 0v - 16.2mv
        11 - GND - 0v - 17.0mv
        12 - GND - 0v - 16.8mv
        13 - AC - 0v - 3.32v
        14 - PS - 0v - 2.84v
        15 - BU5v - 5.08v - 5.06v
        16 - PNL - 0v - 3.31v
        17 - PWM1 - 0v - 147mv
        18 - NC - - - - -
        19 - DIMMER - 0v - 31.3mv
        20 - NC - - - - -
        21 - NC - - - - -
        22 - ERROR - .5mv - 3.22v
        23 - PWM2 - 0v - 146.8mv
        24 - STB - 0v - 28.8mv
        Last edited by RickSinGA; 08-07-2017, 08:53 AM.

Comment

BTW, I do have power on now but no screen activity.

When I powered it off and back on I got the long/short blink. Did the Vol-/Cha+/Pwr buttons again and got a steady power light again with no screen activity.
          Last edited by RickSinGA; 08-07-2017, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Some more info. Found that I could use the power button to power off and on without long/short blink of the power indicator until I disconnected the power; I then had to do the Vol-/Cha+/Pwr button thingy again.

Tried swapping the PB out with the original; same as the new. Tried swapping out the original Video Board; same as the new.

So at least I get consistent reactions from both new and old boards?

The screen has remained blank throughout but we did notice a flash of the "HDMI 1080" in the upper right corner of the screen this last time we reset. It was very fast and it was gone. It could have been there with the new Video Board but it we did not notice it.

Comment

Do you see a pic with the flashlight test ?

Comment

I don't know what the flashlight test is?

I did notice the entire screen kind of flickers once shortly after the power button is pushed and the HDMI/1080 pops up in the upper right hand corner. That lasts less than a second and goes back black. Power light stay on and steady and will power off and on fine until the tv is unplugged from the wall then I have to reset it again.

Oh, one other thing I have noticed is there is a tiny red blinking light (diode I guess), sort of in the middle of the video board, when the tv is on.

Comment

Okay, no image with a flashlight.

Comment

how about this test. Since you are using pin 3/4 ground as your test point ground point, what does your meter read when you have the black on the afore mentioned ground point and the red sitting in the air (ie. "free space").

Comment

Will do when I get some help to lay it back down so I can turn the board over and test.

FYI, I used the chassis for ground on the last reading with the power on.

Comment

I assumed from your "list of voltages" that the "----" on pins 3 and 4 was because you were using those as reference... this "assumption" was based on some of the statements you made earlier about different voltages depending on what "ground reference" you were using.

Now you make the "I used the chassis for ground on the last reading with the power on." and yet the measurement to pin 3 and 4 is still "---".... please confirm what this means.

The "test" that I was suggesting was a "check" of you and your meter. Place the black lead on your reference ground that you are using to make measurements. Hold the red lead in open air..... what does your meter read?

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, I did not check 3 & 4 because I thought they were ground and didn't matter. Will get the readings as soon as I can get some help.

Thanks
                          Rick S.

Comment

Not to make an issue with this ... but you seemed to measure the other "ground points" (10,11,12)... why did you do this if it doesn't matter? Anyways, it may not ultimately matter but I do believe that if your measurements are indicating "differences" with respect to your "reference", there is an issue of some sort which needs to be understood one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by RickSinGA View Post
                              Backed up and mounted toe base and stood the panel up where I could actyually see the power buttons etc.

Did the V_, Cha+ and Power. Power light now was constant. Took these readings.

Pin# - Desc - Off - On
                              1 - PNL 12v - 0v - 12.02v
                              2 - PNL 12v - 0v - 12.02v
                              3 - GND - - - -
                              4 - GND - - - -
                              5 - S13.2v - 0.1mv - 13.05v
                              6 - S13.2v - 0.1mv - 13.05v
                              7 - UR13.2v - 0.1mv - 13.05v
                              8 - UR13.2v - 0.1mv - 13.05v
                              9 - GND - 0v - 16.9mv
                              10 - GND - 0v - 16.2mv
                              11 - GND - 0v - 17.0mv
                              12 - GND - 0v - 16.8mv
                              13 - AC - 0v - 3.32v
                              14 - PS - 0v - 2.84v
                              15 - BU5v - 5.08v - 5.06v
                              16 - PNL - 0v - 3.31v
                              17 - PWM1 - 0v - 147mv
                              18 - NC - - - - -
                              19 - DIMMER - 0v - 31.3mv
                              20 - NC - - - - -
                              21 - NC - - - - -
                              22 - ERROR - .5mv - 3.22v
                              23 - PWM2 - 0v - 146.8mv
                              24 - STB - 0v - 28.8mv
                              Main board is not sending the STB (BL-ON), not sending the PWM Dimming so there will be no backlights.
                              Never stop learning
                              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

power on: 3 & 4 touching negative multi-meter probe and red to air. Meter just keeps climbing as if nothing is touching either probe.

Power on: 13 = 3.32v

Comment

ok...

you say there is no picture... have you tried hitting the menu button with red light on solid?

Comment

"have you tried hitting the menu button with red light on solid?"?

The only red light I see is on the Video Board. It blinks when the power is turned on and goes out with a click shortly after the power is turned off.

Comment

Budwich?

Are you waiting on me to do something?

Comment

nope... don't have anything to add. you didn't reply if you tried hitting menu. did you try feeding in a signal as you indicate the system "sees" some sort of hdmi "thing".

now that you have "power on capability", try pulling on side of cabling (at tcon to panel) and see if anything changes. do the other side. Also try disconnecting at the corner cables which connect edge boards at the bottom to the side tab drivers.

As others have suggested, you might need to find a way to force the set on by either getting rid of the error counters or otherwise.
                                        Last edited by budwich; 08-13-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Will do, thanks,

With the power indicator on constant, pushing menu does not do anything.

Comment

Working...
                                          X