TRAINING SAMSUNG LED TV 2014

WAIT UNTIL GET MANUAL APPEARS!!!!!

Comment

Re: Samsung un58h5202af no power..no clicks or lights

man !! thanks !!!

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
        That section is the Voltage Boost Converter for the Backlights LEDs.
        So you do have the main DCV to run the primary drive circuit.
        At this point start by checking those black rectifier diodes in the cold side to make sure they are OK first, you have 9 of them.
        BTW, there is SMD Power MOSFET on the bottom side of the board where there is sign of heating, check and see if that MOSFET Q9101? is OK or not.
        Hey posting here for same TV as Original poster same problem...
        OK I read the posts and found same burned board and Q9101 shorted as budm
        So I replaced the Q9101 (ordered from mouser) anyway it worked great for 3 hours and blacked ouyt so i pulled the board and same mosfet Q9101 is shorted again.. there are 3 very brown spots on this board over the two in the middle QM801cs and qm802cs also brown at the 4 diodes at very top of cold section DM841-844 C they seem to be getting hot also... i bought 5 mosfets but don't want to waste another without trying to isolate the cause.. a long shot could be a defective new part but i doubt that seeing the heat marks...
        What would cause that mosfet to fail??
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
          At this point I cannot tell if you are getting 120vac to the bridge rectifier or not, so another way to find out is to check the DCV between the two legs of that black cap laying on its side to see if you have about 160vdc or not, or buy new board if you cannot troubleshoot down to component level.
          BTW, you can do SMD device removal/installation, right?
          do yo mean the electolytic on or the button one???

Comment

Hi,did you ever found wy the mosfet kept getting shorted?

Comment

Backlights burnt out causing load on that mosfet?

Comment

Hi BUDM, your help would be appreciated.
                I am looking for a bit of help. I have a Samsung UN55F6350 LED. The Screen will not turn on, I have audio (only Clicking noises). Already replaced the Tcon board, that wasn't it.
                I was checking the standby voltage and wasn't getting any on the Power Board harness (plugged in)
                while still plugged in, but tv OFF, I unplugged the harness from the Power Supply board to the main board, as soon as I did that the SCREEN turned on - that means my LED's are good... what is wrong, Main board or Power Supply board? assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I just repaired this model with same problem repaired PS with Q9101c and set of leds from Shopjimmy 22 of the LEDs were shorted but the strips came on with tester (uneven voltage draw depending on how many on each strip shorted) TV worked perfect but be sure to do firmware updates as some help limit LED current. also turn down all the backlight settings in all modes!

Comment

Working...
                  X