Samsung ue46d6530

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung ue46d6530

With t-con at the bottom makes these tv susceptible to the cables that attach to the screen getting corroded and shorted from cleaning fluids running down on them.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Ah, found board. Thought I was missing some thing. Any advice on taking these ribbons out. They are tight and in not even sure how they remove for sure. Cheers

Comment

Pic one
        Attached Files

Comment

Pic two.
          Got them apart. Just very tight
          Attached Files

Comment

Yr a brilliant guy, disconnected one of those t-con ribbons and eureka half the screen works, menu, Samsung logo etc.

Comment

We are doing great. Is likely to be that board or the one the ribbon connects to behind the frame.
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok so you got either a t-con OR panel fault.

Please be very gentle with the ribbon cables , especially around the panel area. There are black latches that you can pull open.
                Please try to clean the ribbon cables with alcohol and see if you notice any dust/corrosion as Dskall mentioned.

Reseat them gently by pulling the latch open and slide the ribbon cable in. Take your time....
                I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

It appears to be connection 1 that's playing up. I got some proper cleaning alcohol for doing telescope optics, I'll use that. Just a thought but if I removed the t-con board I could plug the t-con board connection 2 ribbon for the side of the tv that works into the into the t-con board connection 1 and see if it still works, and vice verse. Assuming their wired the same it wouldn't release the smoke and would tell us if its board or panel surely. Dunno if that's a dumb idea.

Comment

Not good idea

Comment

With your finger nail you lift the black strip and they should come out easily. When you put them back in black line should be even. You will probably need to remove the bottom metal strip to inspect the ribbon cables going to panel

Comment

No don't do that , you might short the panel and/or board!!

There are also small fuses on the t-con , very tiny and labeled with " F1 " or " F2 " etc. Measure them.

Just clean the t-con connectors , ribbon cables and see if you notice anything obvious that shorts that side of the board/tv.

Samsung is notorious for bad panels , especially the D series. Hope you will fix the tv.
                        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Could use some pictures of the thin pcb boards between t-con and panel.

Comment

Yes indeed but for a novice it is difficult to remove the bezel from the tv. Definitely if you are doing it on your own because when you remove the grey bezel from the LCD the LCD will hang loose on just 4 small tabs.....

Best way to do this is:

1 Put the tv with the lcd facing down on a table , use a blanket to prevent scratches to the panel.
                            2 Remove the screws that hold the black outer bezel in place..
                            3 Remove the black panel including the wire that is going to the mainboard. Also watch out for the IR sensor/cable.....

4 You will now see a grey bezel covering the LCD panel.
                            5 Put the tv down and let it rest on the boards ( Don't forget the blanket ) or remove all boards first....

5 LCD is now facing up , remove the screws on the side of the bezel and remove the bezel.

( LCD IS NOW LOOSE , DO NOT PUT THE TV ON ITS STAND!!! )

6 You will see 2 small prints connected to the LCD , watch out they are glued to the panel.
                            7 See if you can find any obvious signs of corrosion/liquid damage etc......

Take some picture of the small prints please.

Comment

Ok,cleaned everything real well, no residue came off. Use magnifying glass and no dirt, muck or corrosion is visible. No change, 1/2 screen worked when one connection 1 ribbon is removed. Ideas ?

Comment

Is actually stripping the panel right down going to tell me anything. I've seen signs of corrosion etc anywhere so far and even if there was on the actual led ribbon terminals onto the panel itself would there be anything that can be done. I've stripped it down further to the thin Pcbs a the very bottom the t-con connects too and they had permanent connection ribbons which go under panel and I expect onto the panel itself. There are 6 in total and they are also very clean and look secure. It's either t-con or panel I fear. I'm Not going to get lucky with a ribbon connection I think.

Comment

As i said above. Take it apart until you reach the panel itself and see if you notice any moisture on the 2 small prints. Happens a lot when the misses cleans the telly

Either bad T-con board or panel. You could try a new/used t-con board...if that does not work then you got a bad panel which means --> the trash and sell the boards.

The best we can do at this moment!

Comment

You could try and buy a t-con board on eBay. If that does not work then sorry....you got a bad panel.

Comment

Well, I really appreciate yr help guys. I think I'll hunt down a t-con board to try. Might be lucky. Thx so much.

Comment

If the six cables look good then you will need to check for shorts on the pcb's especially across the ceramic caps. Compare one side against the other.

Comment

Cheers again guys. I'll have it right apart tomorrow if I get home early enough, get the lad out and see connections.

Comment

Working...
                                          X