Samsung un75f6300- upper half of screen is dim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung un75f6300- upper half of screen is dim

Have a 75 in Samsung TV,. Panel is operating, can see picture throughout the display, no lines. Only issue is upper half of screen is not as bright as bottom. LED strips bad or component failure on a board?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by topfli8979; 01-03-2017, 10:31 AM.

Re: Samsung un75f6300- upper half of screen is dim

I would initially suspect the led's or possibly the led controller. Can you measure the voltages on the led connector and post with a picture of the board.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I have same issue but it also has a definitive line that seperates the dim from the normal.
      I will check backlight voltages and post the findings.
      It's just this TV is physically harder to move around for repair
      Cheers

Comment

It will be interesting to see what you find.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I just fixed a similar model, I was sure the LEDs were bad in the edge lighting, i tore the whole thing down and tested every single LED ok, was STUMPED, as the PSU appeared to be fine. I re-soldered the transformer that powers the 4 PWM banks for the edge lighting and the tv is fine now.

Give that a go, its worth a shot.

Comment

I had the same issue and I wanted to share my experience with everyone. I swapped the top and bottom connector for the backlights on the power supply but still had the same issue so I was able to rule out the PSU. Suspecting backlights I took the panel apart and there was my issue. I think I have a back light issue.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hate to jump in with a non-fix comment, but do you think a single led has allowed the plastic reflector sheet to catch fire? It looks like a led in the middle has also started to burn through.The edge burn in image 4 looks like a cable or joint fault.

Unless that unit has been dunked in sea water or something else very unusual, I'd be sending Samsung those images immediately. Local to us, Samsung Washers have caused double digit home fires here due to condensation (I think) issues and high voltages.

Comment

I am having the same problem with my unit- mine is right in the middle of the tv- all the way across. haven't yet took it apart yet.

Comment

Ouch thats looks terrible
                  Its crazy that such thngs are allowed to happen to the consumers and there is no recourse with the manufacturer...
                  And they in turn milk us dry on replacemnt sets..

Comment

Hello I have the same problem , and like to share what I found.

-My Samsung ue75F6300 has a gray band in the middle of the screen.
                    After taking apart the tv, I found 3 strips not working.
                    ( a strip is made out of 3 strips D2GE-750SCA, sSCB & SCC)

measuring the voltage on the burning led strips gave me 75V and 0V on the not working strips.
                    voltage on the 2 connectors from the power supply was 330V (on pin B2 en B4).
                    Ruled out PSU because of the same readings on the 2 connectors (one for the top 6 led strips and one for the bottem half). and the top half leds worked fine

Removed the 3 not working strips and changed them 1 by 1 with a strip on a function set of 3 strips.
                    Only one strip was not working !
                    if one of the strips is not ok, 3 strips don't light up .
                    in fact only 1 led on the last part of a strip was broken !!

I'm waiting on new strip , and let you know how it turned out.

Hope this helps to someone with the same problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X