Sanyo dp42d24 will not turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo dp42d24 will not turn on

I have a Sanyo dp42d24 that when I press the power button nothing happens. I checked for power at each of the voltage regulators(4) and got all the correct outputs (1.15,1.8,3.3 and 5v). I also got 12v on audio and 40v on the two led outputs from the board. I checked the power leg of the bios chip and got 3.3 volts. The connector pin on the board where the power button connects goes from 5v to 0 when depressed. The led light never goes on. Can someone please provide me with the firmware? I would also like any advice on what to try next.
    Thanks you, Ira

PS. The tv has a single board, plus tcon.
    Attached Files

Re: Sanyo dp42d24 will not turn on

IMHO either replace that main board or junk the TV. It is one of these boards where the main IC does everything. So it probably go a little tickle through one of the HDMI ports, frying the main IC.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
      IMHO either replace that main board or junk the TV. It is one of these boards where the main IC does everything. So it probably go a little tickle through one of the HDMI ports, frying the main IC.
      +1 normally spi flash Ic firmware corrupts causing these to be stuck in standby. But its easier to replace the board than finding the firmware.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I have seen the bios chip sold online. Is there a way to tell if it is the bios chip or the main IC?

Comment

That depends on the history of the tv

Comment

Unknown, I found the tv in the garbage.

Comment

then it depends on how much time, headache and $$$ you want to spend to fix it or not, because of no history.
              All you can try here is to freeze the eeprom (can of air upside down) I have a 75% success rate identifying a bad eeprom that way.
              If you read the eeprom description @ SJ, it sez that it will help, IF the LED doesn't change color. You can try to call SJ and ask if the STBY LED supposed to be light up or not when the TV is off. Your's isn't on at all. For me, I'd be changing that board. Who knows what happened to the TV.

Comment

Thanks, I get freeze spray and try it.

Comment

Freeze spray did not work. I tried it on the eeprom chip. Then on the main processor msd3393.

Comment

Did you get anywhere on this, I have the same one with identical problem and voltages you have.

Comment

Not yet. i plugged a usb drive into the tv. I then plugged in the power cord, the usb drive blinked once. So maybe the tv looked for firmware, maybe it was just the usb port powering the drive for a split second.

Comment

Working...
                      X