urgent help 50pk550-so desperate here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: urgent help 50pk550-so desperate here

That just seems to be Heat Transfer grease...nothing to worry about.

Comment

As the buffers have tested good so far you need too see what the more experienced members think what else can be causing the issue you have.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
        As the buffers have tested good so far you need too see what the more experienced members think what else can be causing the issue you have.
        Veterens?
        Any ideas?

Comment

As I stated in the very first post, I have had a lot of logic boards go bad on that model.
          If you are getting good voltage output from your Y-sustain to the buffer boards then try freezing the BGA chip on the logic board then power up the set quickly after. If that doesn't work, put a hot air gun on it for 15 seconds and then power it on.
          It should make the set work temporarily if indeed you have bad contact between that bga chip and the board.

Comment

hi sorry to but in please replace the address board (t.con board) should cure the problem had few of them

Comment

hi nick,
              photo of logic board attached
              1.is the logic board is also the t-con?
              2.could you please mark on the photo where is the bga chip?
              thanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

T-con board is a term used for the LCD and LED TV's. Plasma sets do not have a T-con board but what we call a logic board instead. They do have the same purpose to relay the information from the main board to the panel. They are basically the same just used in different types of TV's.
                The BGA chip which is the ball grid array chip is going to be the largest square chip on the board with a silver circle in the middle.
                That is the one you want to heat up and or cool down to make it temporarily work.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Comment

Hi All,
                  Exactly same problem, I found the defect on Y-sustain board. The large transformer EBJ60730703 had half of the primary winding interrupted.
                  Measured on oscilloscope, the floating ground (measured relative to TV ground) was missing the negative part of the wave.
                  I couldn't repair the board but I'm really happy I found the problem. TV works with another Y-Sustain board.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by sevciu; 04-18-2021, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X