Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo DP46848

Hello,

Here is the short version of my story: I am trying to fix this tv (Samsung DP46848) and need help identifying a part that appears to have broken off despite how gentile I was trying to be. Can I just resolder this piece back onto the board somehow? (see pictures below)

Here is the long version of my story: The first problem with the tv is it started showing a dark shaded bar across the top of the picture (about 4-5 inches thick) and when I flexed the tv (bending the corners a little) the picture would clear up.
    Then after a few months the tv was dark on the whole entire left side of the screen and no flexing seemed to help. I then started searching for answers and started with youtube and found a video where a guy fixed his with similar problems. He taped small pieces of rubber to the tabs along the sides of the LCD panel which applied pressure to them after the tv was put back together (a temporary fix to the shadowy picture) I thought it wouldn't hurt to give it a try since the tv was pretty much toast the way it was. After putting the rubber pieces in, I was then putting everything together and suddenly found a small piece on the floor which seems to have broken off of the board that runs along the top of the screen. Is this piece very important and is it something that can be soldered back on? Here are some pictures below and let me know if you need any other info. Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files

Re: Sanyo DP46848

It's a potentiometer (variable resistor) which you can solder back on with a decent soldering iron without to much difficulty.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for the reply! As I am fairly new at this, which areas of the part should I solder to the board? The two metal pieces along its side? Or also the metal pieces coming out of the bottom of it. I don't have a photo of what this was supposed to look like to begin with or how it was attached. Thanks!

Comment

The wiper pad (the middle pin of the POT is the wiper contact) is ripped off the board so you will have to run the wire to the empty pad of R18.
        Last edited by budm; 10-08-2016, 05:58 PM.
        Never stop learning
        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Thanks budm. I am going to give it a try but I think I need a little more instruction. You're saying I can solder a wire from the bottom of the POT (that used to be attached) to one of the empty R18 copper squares on the board? Which of the two R18 squares does it go to? There are also two silver looking tabs on the board in the same area, will I need those soldered to the two metal tabs on the side of the POT?

Thanks again for helping me.

Comment

Solder as follows
            Attached Files
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

That's so awesome that you put that together to show me! Thank you! I'll let you all know how it goes.

Comment

Well, it isn't pretty that's for sure. This thing is super tiny and I kept having trouble with the solder creeping up onto the wire instead of sticking to the joint. It may be my lack of skills. (see first photo) I powered up the tv and I am still left with the dark shadow across the left half of the screen. I decided to take the bezel off while it is still hooked up to see if in fact the tabs along the edge are even the problem. once the bezel is off the picture shines a bright white whith tv image bearly visible (see second photo). No adjustment, tapping, or pressing on the edge tabs seem to make a change. The top tab on the far right seemed to cause more staticy lines but didn't improve picture quality. When setting the bezel back on, again have the shadowy screen (see third photo) and tapping once again, causes the white screen off and on. Any thoughts? I am beginning to think this is a total loss.
                Attached Files

Comment

If I were to part this tv out, what pieces could I sell? (not wanting to sell a part that is broken) The tv powers on easily so I'm guessing the power supply board is good.

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                    X