Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 37lg30-ud Screen Has only vertical lines of color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 37lg30-ud Screen Has only vertical lines of color?

So I have this 2009 LG tv and one day the screen just goes to vertical lines of color. No content just lines.
    When I turn it on there is a large red light by the power switch that blinks twice. Any one have any Ideas how to fix it?
    I called LG and they think it is a corrupt mother board.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: LG 37lg30-ud Screen Has only vertical lines of color?

Pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Post photo's of the circuit boards and the tcon board.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Prob the panel itself, LG of that age/size Ive seen loads of duff panels...
        TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
        http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
        PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

pics
          Attached Files

Comment

There's one board missing, the Tcon. Can you check the fuse F1 on it for continuity with the set off. Then with the set powered up check the voltage at the fuse.
            I would be surprised if Alastair was wrong in his diagnoses but I don't think it would hurt to do the check.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by dick_barton; 08-07-2016, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Looks like panel to me whats the model of the screen used seen alot of them LC370's with panel failures as well as the ribbons that connect the Tcon to the panel breaking.
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                There's one board missing, the Tcon. Can you check the fuse F1 on it for continuity with the set off. Then with the set powered up check the voltage at the fuse.
                I would be surprised if Alastair was wrong in his diagnoses but I don't think it would hurt to do the check.
                Fuse would cause the whole panel to be black-not allowing voltage to write info to the address drivers. As you see here lines have been addressed but no deselected meaning the fuse will be fine. You will either get a full white or full black screen if the fuse had blown and no addressed lines at all.
                Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 08-07-2016, 04:40 PM.
                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Not sure what the tcon board is.

Comment

in your first picture the top connector/wire should go too the tcon board some times it under a metal shield.

Comment

Is this it?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes that is the t-con board jj, hang tight, someone will have some advice on how to test it at some point.

Comment

Okay. You fellas are great!

Comment

The fuse has TK on it 1.5 amp you could test this by having your multimeter on dc volts black probe on the metal chassis and test each side of the fuse and not the voltage but as reece said the fuse is probably ok but hey you can check it nothing too loose.
                            another test you may want too try on the tcon the top two ribbon cables undo the latch on one side of the tcon and lift the ribbon cable out turn the tv on and see whats on the screen then put that ribbon back in and try the other side and see what you have on the screen.

Comment

Half of the screen goes blank when I remove One cable. The other side goes blank when I remove the other side cable.
                              I cannot see a fuse though.

Comment

The little round things that have "220" on the top of them don't look so good on the T-Con.

Comment

where the cable comes from the main board and connects to the tcon just above that connector on the left

Comment

What does it look like?

Comment

Originally posted by jjzepplin View Post
                                      What does it look like?
                                      the fuse has TK on its really small on the pcb it has printed 1.5 amp next to it
                                      just above the bottom t con connector
                                      dont worry if you cant find it as we doubt this is a issue as reece says

Comment

Originally posted by jjzepplin View Post
                                        Half of the screen goes blank when I remove One cable. The other side goes blank when I remove the other side cable.
                                        I cannot see a fuse though.
                                        When you removed one cable did the non blank side look clear of the vertical lines or not?

Comment

Working...
                                        X