Panasonic Sus board TMPA 5349

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Sus board TMPA 5349

I have 2 42 pannys both the same model, but one as 7 blinks one has 6, I swapped over the SC boards and the one that had 6 became 7 and the one that had 7 became 6 proving both boards have faults.

i know the 7 blinks has the shored IGBT'S just waiting for a delivery of proper replacements and not the cheap chinese ones that last 5 mins which are currently sweeping the uk...

my Question is I cant find any other shorts on the board to cause the 6 blinks, anyone else have come across this before ?

Re: Panasonic Sus board TMPA 5349

6 can be the fets too.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

none showing as short tho....

Comment

the replacemant fets have just arrived, so i have put them on, and the 7 blinks has changed to 6 blinks, so now I have 2 Identical Tvs with 6 blinks and all fets good , not sure it is the sc board now

Comment

Tested all of the parts on the board ? Ive also had DG320 (above 30f131) short.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

And most of the time you also need to replace the IC.
            Its IC501 if im correct , its near the p11 connector.
            I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

TNPA5349 is a SN board as fitted to TX-P42S30b /S31B /U30B/UT30B models? repairs to these are very seldom a case of just replacing a few IGBTs. if after shorted IGBTs have been replaced and SN2 is not show as shorted, but set still shows a blink code, check IGBT gate resistors, driver ICs, Transistor arrays and buffer ICs. but be warned most repairers will not take boards for repair if they have been played with,( including me) and boards puled from damage screen sets will mostly have blown buffer ICs Flocko

Comment

Btw Flecky the resistors will show up as S/C which is normal as they are I believe only 7 ohms.

Comment

DG302 is shorted on one of my SN boards not on the other, will source a replacement and see
                  Last edited by Fleckers tv; 07-20-2016, 11:21 AM.

Comment

When you have a problem gate resistor it will show as open ? Fleckers tv are you the guy sending me messages on eBay about this board ?

Comment

ha ha Small world, yes its me.....

Comment

Awesome, thats the same issue I had bud on the one I sent you picture of on fb. Replaced all 6 30f131 fets for reliability and one DG302 nearest to the top which was shorted also.
                        Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 07-20-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
                          When you have a problem gate resistor it will show as open ? Fleckers tv are you the guy sending me messages on eBay about this board ?
                          No I meant if the resistor is good it will show short boss

Comment

please remember I have 2 of these sets both with 6 blinks..... one dg302 reads short and one doesnt,

so the one that doesnt probably needs new gate resistor and the one that does read short ??

Comment

Well you can try to remove the good DG302 and replace it with the shorted one. When you replace it also measure the small resistors between the IGBT's. They measure around 7.7Ohm if im correct.

Ps , measure all diode's and IGBT's on the board including the one upper left on the board. When you checked all that then measure for short at P11 connector.
                              I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Q401/Q402/Q421and Q421 should be changed as a set of four ,Q441/Q451 again should be changed as a pair, and it is always best to change IC502 and Q531 for reliability. but take care pads will lift with to much heat ?

Comment

If you are going to replace IC502 and Q531 just apply solder to all legs so all legs are connected. Then use a heatgun to remove those 2 components , i used some tweezers to pick em off the board. Did 4 boards and all went perfectly well ( And clean!! ).

My boards said BANG BANG BANG because of fake IGBT's but thats another story.

Comment

I use low melt solder and a iron set to low temp to remove driver ICs and Transistor array. hot air will damage the board and blow small smd part off there pads that will never be seen again? with over 200 Panasonic SC/SN/SS and buffer repairs under my belt this is what works for me

Comment

I get your point Flocko and you did more repairs then me haha.

I only use a soldering iron when i remove the IGBT's , they come off pretty easy. Those small IC's however i prefer a small heat gun.

Comment

yup the reason one of these boards are dead is because of cheap chinese IBGT'S

Comment

Working...
                                        X