Tc-55as680u steady blink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tc-55as680u steady blink

Hey what's up... I have a PANASONIC 55" LED / LCD TV Model # TC-55AS680U that I replaced the T-CON board on --- TV worked for 7 days than went out with steady flashing led.... continuous counted up to 50 a few times to make sure it was not the 1 - 14 led service display --- it's just a steady red blink once every 3 seconds.... I will keep reading in the meantime to see if I find a similar situation, but if anyone can let me know if this means a main board or power supply board, that would be great!

Re: Tc-55as680u steady blink

Does someone have a link to a service manual for this... I don't mind getting back in there and trying to find a solution... as long as I have some guidance.

When trying to turn it on relay sounds , back light flashes on momentarily and then I get the led flash every 2.5 seconds that just goes on and on.
    Last edited by phat34; 07-14-2016, 09:48 AM.

Comment

It sounds like a bad LED.
      T-con you replaced is the exact same?
      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Yes the T-CON was exactly the same and worked for a week or so...?

And if anyone has a link to the service manual -- I will open this bad boy up again and test the LED points...

If it's a led on one of the strips will it just not light or can it short out the whole strip and give this error?

The TV is only 18 months old... So I am thinking its the power supply board because we charged I-Pads from the USB ports all the time... I know now that that is not smart...
        Last edited by phat34; 07-14-2016, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Edited last message a bit...

Comment

Bump PHM...Plelase Help Me... A link to a Service Manual would be awesome...

Comment

Is it common for 18 Month LED Lamps to burn out when you replace a T-CON Board on Sets?

What's the average lifespan of an LED lamp in TV sets?

oh just saying I could still use a link to a manual.. I did search on some sites for manuals I saw posted but have not found one for this model.

Comment

I can't find the service manual but after some googling i found that if the panasonic led tv blinks 1 time the A board ( mainboard ) is bad. Im not sure if this also applies for LED models.

1 blink STV 5v sense DG Board
                2 blinks 15v SOS D Board
                3 blinks 3.3v SOS D Board
                4 blinks Power SOS P Board
                5 blinks 5v SOS D Board
                6 blinks Driver SOS 1 SU / SD / SC Boards (SC energy recovery circuit)
                7 blinks Driver SOS 2 SU / SD / SS Boards (SC floating voltage area)
                8 blinks Driver SOS 3 SS Board (SS energy recovery circuit)
                9 blinks Panel Config. SOS
                10 blinks Sub 5v SOS / Main 3v SOS DG Board DTV 9v SOS / Tuner Power SOS
                11 blinks Fan SOS PB Board
                12 blinks Sound SOS H Board
                13 blinks Communication error DG Board with IC8001 (Pesks Lite 2)

I think it's best to open up the tv and take some pictures from the back. If you have a meter , then measure the voltages on the PS.
                I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Ps , Im not saying you have a bad LED but the 600 series from panasonic have bad led strips compared to the 700 series.
                  The are nice tv's , my younger brother has the AS750. It can't beat a plasma tv though.

So as i said , remove the back of the tv and measure! The basics are all the same and the voltages are mentioned on the power supply. ( 5VSTBY / STBY-ON etc )

Comment

ok will do and update thanksever

btw that blink chart only works on LED's that have a blink count.... this is just a steady blink every 2.5 seconds...

Just was looking for any ideas before i tore it apart again.
                    Last edited by phat34; 07-15-2016, 05:08 AM.

Comment

That is 1 blink.

Blink ...pause...blink...pause...blink etc

Comment

ok so a 2.5 second pause is a break... yeah i can understand this cause it seemed like a long pause....

so you think it may be this...?

1 blink STV 5v sense DG board

which would be which board? or which connection should I measure...

I am opening it up now and will send some pics...
                        Last edited by phat34; 07-15-2016, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Well as i said im not sure if the 1 blink also counts for all LED models. I normally only repair panasonic plasma models.

According to the blink chart its the "STV 5v sense DG board" <-- DG board is also known as Aboard or mainboard. Mainboard is the board with all the HDMI on it.

You need to measure the voltages on the connector that goes to the mainboard. ( From power supply to the mainboard ).

Comment

here are the pics... All the service points on the boards check out... during the restart.... but the 12V going to main board turns off when the set turns off... so its only on momentarily... It also travels down to the t-con board (which was replaced)..also measure all the high voltage 74V to the LEDs - the big caps go to 170V 5.2 V consistant even after the flip off... Light flashes on and off and goes int the blinks which are actually 3.5 to 4sec between each but continuous...

the wires going to the main board are all close to zero except the 5v... I am going to try and measure them once or twice more... but only the forth white from the bottom carries the constant five volts...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Your first hunch was right... It was 1 LED that was keeping the whole TV from working... I jumped it with a wire until the part comes in.

3rd row 3rd led... go figure.

Thanks so much for all you help...

Comment

Nice and cheap fix! I would order more leds , if 1 goes bad the others will follow

Comment

Where did you purchase your leds from? I am having the same issues

Comment

You need to find out what leds go into your tv. Does your tv use edge-lit or strips?

Maybe the Duris E5 LED?

Comment

I have the same tv no picture no sound. It is blinking 13 times. Anyone have an idea what it could be?

Comment

Sounds like A board problem. Can you post a CLEAR picture of the boards and especially the A board? A board is the mainboard with the HDMI.

Comment

Working...
                                        X