Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-65W850A Dead

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
    How do you know the size, I measured around 5mmx2mm
    yours measured wrong. do as you like.

Comment

Right, main board problem first, but I replaced main board and had new problem with TV turning on then back off with flashing standby LED, but not a blink code or anything described in the SM. It flashed from green to amber over and over again.

It flashed from green to amber over and over again.

this is system software error

when you replace main board you need to upgrade software

try this.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model...d#/downloadTab

Regards.

Comment

How do you know the size, I measured around 5mmx2mm
        i cant find anything smd size wise that matches your measurements maybe get a cheap pair of digital calipers (ive just got a cheap ebay set ideal for measuring stuff like this.)

Comment

Originally posted by anmol View Post
          It flashed from green to amber over and over again.

when you replace main board you need to upgrade software

try this.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model...d#/downloadTab

Regards.
          Sorry, some writing mistake by me.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
            i cant find anything smd size wise that matches your measurements maybe get a cheap pair of digital calipers (ive just got a cheap ebay set ideal for measuring stuff like this.)
            i dont think its so complex issue to buy such stuff if he dont agree on my LEd type statement.. ... Metric primary School Rule enough too..LOL

the long measurements should be done at the base as there are 2 pin at sides, and the wide from the top, this LED at this post are 7020 LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
              i dont think its so complex issue to buy such stuff if he dont agree on my LEd type statement.. ... Metric primary School Rule enough too..LOL

the long measurements should be done at the base as there are 2 pin at sides, and the wide from the top, this LED at this post are 7020 LOL
              I asked how you know the size of these LEDs that's all..

Comment

I asked how you know the size of these LEDs that's all..
                i see how do i know this size... before you has seen this strip for first time, i had changed all LEDs in total at 2 and half hours.

Comment

OK I have ordered some of these (the 7030 in 260mA, is that OK?)
                  http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7...75837294490041

Next question. The LED strip is attached to a massive aluminum heatsink.. Making it difficult to remove a single LED. There are no screws holding it in.. What kind of adhesive are they using?

Comment

OK I have ordered some of these (the 7030 in 260mA, is that OK?)
                    http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7...75837294490041

Next question. The LED strip is attached to a massive aluminum heatsink.. Making it difficult to remove a single LED. There are no screws holding it in.. What kind of adhesive are they using?
                    this seller i dont know and seem no one bought from him, use the one i listed as you can see the feedback of buyer.. and i do had 3 time ordered from them

if you are going only to replace the defect one, leave the strip at its place, just cut the defect one with cuter and clean the rest with yours soldering iron.

if you want to replace all you need to take the strip out its glued on the metal base. with glue film same to use Mobile Phone to glue screen thin double side glue film.

other tips, when you take out led, and clean it place, with shave plate make the base color print out and place solder at it from both side, then place your new LED as it most.. and with Iron just heat the soldering try dont touch the LED sides. this is best methode as you still have space between each LEDs
                    Last edited by Diah; 06-04-2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                      other tips, when you take out led, and clean it place, with shave plate make the base color print out and place solder at it from both side, then place your new LED as it most.. and with Iron just heat the soldering try dont touch the LED sides. this is best methode as you still have space between each LEDs

Not sure exactly what you mean, place solder on the pad on the outside edges of the where the LED would sit? Then heat up the solder when you put the LED in between?

I feel like the giant heatsink is the problem, I tried applying hot air on the bad LED with Kapton tape around the others, and I could not get it to come off without damaging the LED and possibly the board...

I will try what you said.
                      Last edited by kevinm34232; 06-04-2016, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Welp the 7030 is way too big... It's more like 5cm x 2cm... But can't find that size..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Diah, do you know where I can get these LEDs?

Comment

there are no 5x2 LED, i wounder why its look yours different 6x2 !!!

however you dont need to worry as you still can use 7x3. take look on the photo

1- the red Line you need to separate the solder between the pad and the middle chassis pad
                            2- the blue area with shave plate clean it and add solder to it on both side, after you fit the 7x3 LED at its place just heat the solders from both side, i suggest you to use soldering iron head thin one such 0.5mm or less, then you are fine.

other photo of here i have KDL 65W95 you can see the LED 7x2 and beside it 7x3.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I just measured with a digital caliper and they are indeed 5x2.. The actual LED case without the metal ends is around 4.6mm x 2mm.
                              Last edited by kevinm34232; 06-17-2016, 04:30 PM.

Comment

interesting information thank you,,, so which brand of Panel bulid at yours set? ?

Comment

I just measured with a digital caliper and they are indeed 5x2.. The actual LED case without the metal ends is around 4.6mm x 2mm.
                                  could you listed the serial prints code of the strips to figure it thanks.

Comment

I was unable to find anything from these #s..
                                    Attached Files

Comment

What is the LCD panel model number?
                                      Never stop learning
                                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Panel # SYV6532

Comment

Panel # SYV6532
                                          hmm AUO Panel. and the labels on the strips really look like just in house Ref use only, i searched over all and there are no 5x2 even at RGB LEDs. i suggest marking for us the defects LED on the strips and let Diy it best way to put on 7x3 as the first LED on the photo i marked it with color you will not face problem at it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X