Lc-60le810un 1-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lc-60le810un 1-1

I have read many topics on this forum and it seems this can be caused by different issues. I get the one slow one fast error (lamp\psu). If I by pass the error with the terrible touch sensor buttons I can get the back lights to flash on for a second then turn off, the panel displays the input w\o backlights.

Thoughts on how to confirm what is really the cause ?

I ordered a new psu\driver board from sharp and thought id play it safe and replace that first, but I have my tv sitting on my bench with the back cover off and I am excited to troubleshoot it further while I wait on this part.

Thanks guys
    Last edited by jetscreamer; 05-14-2016, 02:16 PM.

Re: Lc-60le810un 1-1

I'm going to guess burned out led or LEDs.
    I had a 60" and a 52" with the same problem.

Comment

voltage output for the LEDS seems wonkey on 1,2 and 3 when I power up in error override mode..... sometimes nothing.

4 was consistent 120+ (my meter was probably not fast enough for the 1 second led blink)

I guess I will wait for the board on Monday and if that doesn't solve it I will pull the panel.
      Last edited by jetscreamer; 05-14-2016, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Found an open LED, first one in the side strip bottom left. Must had been iffy which allowed the back lights to fire briefly before it went completely open.

Ordered a few from https://www.digikey.ca/product-searc...1516-1038-1-ND and will report back on how it works out so others know.

Comment

Originally posted by jetscreamer View Post
          Found an open LED, first one in the side strip bottom left. Must had been iffy which allowed the back lights to fire briefly before it went completely open..
          When one strip has a bad LED, it is not detected until the LED power is applied, thus briefly flashing all the good LEDs on the good strips before the controller detects the fault and shuts everything down. Since each strip is serially connected (usually) the strip with the open LED can NOT light.

Comment

Are you sure that the LED that you highlighted is the correct replacement for your set?

I haven't seen one like that used before in a set.

Comment

yeah it looks very similar.

I think the colour and current should be right, we'll see tomorrow when I get them.

Attached Files
              Last edited by jetscreamer; 05-18-2016, 04:17 PM.

Comment

replacement led works well... colour is a bit off but cant really tell.

on a side note after reassembly the leds still do not light I guess I will take her apart again.

Comment

Originally posted by jetscreamer View Post
                  replacement led works well... colour is a bit off but cant really tell.

on a side note after reassembly the leds still do not light I guess I will take her apart again.
                  No testing prior to reassembly? Shame on you! As hard as getting the LCD panel back into the assembly (without breaking it), testing is an absolute necessity.

Comment

I don't know why people actually lift the screen out of its case.... I could access everything with out removing the lcd from the back light assembly.

Yes, I will test for sure this time. :P. Change in symptoms now. in bypass mode before it would operate normally with remote just no back lights. Now it shuts down after about 15 seconds back into 1-1. Maybe a short?
                    Last edited by jetscreamer; 05-20-2016, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Hello ,
                      First time member and just replaced a bad Led on the same unit and found holding vol down-input-power buttons while plugging unit in would never work but what I did find that oddly works is to have power to the unit then repeatedly pushing vol down-chann up-power on will clear the one fast and one slow blink flash and allows me to bring the unit up but for some reason I cannot access the service menu to clear the fault code and if I unplug the unit it will revert back to the one fast and one slow Led fault code and requires me to do the same procedure to recover the tv . Anybody have any ideas how to get to the service menu to clear the codes ? I can use the tv as long as power is not lost to the unit but just normal shutdown with remote works fine and the unit will shut down and power up fine just as long as it is not unplugged from wall.
                      Thanks , Steve

Comment

have you got the K to come up by holding vol - input and pressing power ? this tv you dont do it with plugging in but by pressing power button

Once you have K hit vol - and ch up I believe to get the menu.

Comment

Working...
                        X