I can't catch a break! Please help with Samsung PN58B650S1F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't catch a break! Please help with Samsung PN58B650S1F

Well, it looks like the PS issue has been solved.

New(used) ps in place. These were the two old threads:

1st = https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52853

2nd = https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52992

TV used to only cycle but never turn on. Video can be seen in the 2nd thread of the relay cycle with no turn on.

A 2nd, working, ps showed up yesterday and I installed it.

With no inputs to the TV it powered on and showed static, GREAT!

Plugged in the xbox, to multiple inputs, and the tv shut off, powered on shut off, powered on....

Here's the a 2 min video of that....

Does anyone have ANY advice on this now?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5-g...ature=youtu.be

https://youtu.be/m5-gImvFOrE
    I cant break it anymore than it already is!

Re: I can't catch a break! Please help with Samsung PN58B650S1F

its glitch boot firmware. most are i call it eeprom some here call it SPI, however its content the boot firmware smd IC with 8 pins usually will be on Samsung under side of main boards close to M.IC, this small one play big issue to drive the main IC for switching. some time reset doing from service engineering mode can help but not always.

Comment

Here is the corrected video link

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7yhK4jQsHR8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/7yhK4jQsHR8

Comment

How would I try and reset?

Comment

bump

Comment

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...ct/PN58B650S1F

Comment

These are the downloads available to me.
              Are any of these the ones I should try?

Comment

bump

Comment

anyone other input on which download to use or other trouble shooting options?

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53358

What is your main board part number?
                    Also you have started 4 different threads on this same tv. Its getting a bit confusing at this point. Probably should stick to only 1 as its is becoming a bit spamy and might be a reason people are not as willing to help.
                    If you don't get an answer immediately that just means we may not have the info available right away or that you have not provided enough information for us to help you. Make sure to be thorough in your posts, to put pictures part numbers and be very specific in your description. Help us help you.
                    Last edited by Nick's Tvs; 04-09-2016, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I'm sorry for the number of posts. I was trying to simplify things be separating the issues as they appear. It wasn't my intention to clutter the forum, only to keep the threads specific. I can see how that appears as spamming. I apologize.I have asked the moderators to delete the last thread in order to minimize the number of threads out there.

The information below is from that thread and may be useful in helping me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TV would not find firmware update on my usb when prompted to do so. I also noticed that the firmware loaded into the TV was more current than the one available from the Samsung website as a download, so I'm not sure if it would of made a difference anyway.

The important info is as follows. While trying to update the firmware I unplugged all devices and Ethernet connection. I attempted to use the widgets and the tv stayed on. Widgets would not update but the icons and everything else were fine. Again, the TV stayed on!
                      With any HDMI input, or even if I tried to run the picture test from the help menu the TV would turn off.

Just for kicks I connected the cable box to the TV via coaxial cable. Put the source on tuner and set it to channel 3. TV has been running now for 3 hours!

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN NOW??? I'm going nuts trying to figure this out!!!!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above information was from last week. The TV worked for 2 days using the coaxial input and then on the 3rd day started clicking on and off again. I have been so frustrated since, I have not used it.

The main board in the tv appears to have a part # of BN94-02856D

These are pics I took last time it was apart.

On the topic of firmware, can the firmware become corrupt to the point where installing an earlier version is still worth a try? As I stated in the newest thread i posted, when the tv worked it was not able to find the firmware i had loaded onto a usb drive and installed.

Tank you again for any help you guys can provide and one more apology if I have come off as impatient.
                      Last edited by ROLEXrifleman; 04-09-2016, 09:20 PM.

Comment

It appears that you are "thrashing around"... :-(
                        Take things slow. You posted a "screen capture" of the samsung web page for support... BUT did you actually read any of the information on that page... there is only ONE upgrade firmware file so you have NO choice to make. Which one did you use?
                        Further, you indicate that your set has a "later version" than the one that you "tried"... but you failed to provide any details of that version "comparison". Again, slow down, provide good details and people will help you work thru this.

Comment

At the time that post was made, truth be told, No, I had not read all the downloads available. I saw the numbers and panicked. I loaded the only firmware updated on my usb and followed the upgrade guide.

The firmware currently in the tv is 2010/05/19_001018, this pic was taken today.

When the usb stick was loaded the TV searched and said there was nothing found to update with.

I then plugged my internet connection into the tv and attempted to do an online update with the following result:

As I was working on the tv I had no inputs connected. When I removed the usb drive I left the tv on the PC setting and after 5 minutes it went to the floating Samsung logo screen. The logo bounced on the screen for over an hour with out the tv shutting down. Just for kicks I loaded a different usb drive to the tv with pictures. The tv found teh drive, opened the folders and displayed 1 picture. When I tried to display a 2nd picture the TV shut down and went into it's on off cycle again.

Comment

OK... so perhaps you are making some progress.... maybe :-)

You still haven't answer the question about what files you using. Yes, you showed us what is on the TV BUT you indicate nothing about the USB. Further, your "attempt" using a different USB results in a "different response". Thus, it would appear at this point that there is something about the USB that you aren't "getting" / understanding so look at that closer. Will it solve your problem... don't know.

Progress... maybe. In terms of firmware upgrades, using the network isn't likely to help at this point as version checks (and other things) in the system will prevent it from upgrading ("reload") while a USB install MAY be more likely.... again maybe.

Comment

Thank you for being patient with me! I thought swapping a PS and getting the tv to power on was a milestone, now I just want to throw it out the window! lol

The following is what is on the usb and how I got there.

Took the zip file from the Samsung website and saved it on the usb:

once the file was on the usb I unzipped it:

When it unzipped this is what showed on the drive:

I went into the folders only to do screen captures for you to see what files were inside.

When you open the T_CHEAUSC folder this is whats inside:

and inside the image folder:

From there I did not move or touch them. I ejected the usb flash drive and plugged it into the tv and proceeded to go through the update process:

Just to verify that the TV sees the drive with info on it I proceeded to try and open it like a drive with pictures on it and the tv recognized it had data on it, showed me sub folders but since they were not picture formats could not display anything.

During this whole time the tv never powered off. I removed the USB drive and feeling lucky put the tv in tuner mode, channel 3 and connected my cable box via coaxial. As of now the tv is still on but based on this issue it's just a matter of time before it powers off. Please let me know if I missed any info that may help and thanks again

Comment

OK... thanks for the info.

I have never updated my samsung as there are no updates so my experience is limited but I suspect the "process" that you are following isn't exactly "good"... probably a translation issue... :-)

Anyways, taken from other "sites" (with samsung.com "pathing"), and I quote:
                                "Once the files are saved , extract the zip file to a separate folder and then copy the extracted folder to the USB Drive.( Do not copy the compressed file, as the TV might not be able to recognize the format)".

This leads me to believe that possibly anything else on the usb drive is not going to be "good" as the file system appears to somewhat "rudimentary" although you would think that it is looking for a specific folder BUT who knows. Thus, IF I understand what you did, you copied both the compressed files and the uncompressed files to the usb. This might be an issue... don't know but I would try again since the system does not appear to be responding as expected. There might be other issues like how the usb is formatted which might be an issue also although I see no mention of this "requirement".

Comment

loaded files in every configuration onto the usb drive possible.

1st:

2nd:

3rd:

the 1st way the tv had to be told to scan the usb, as I explained above, to try and find the update.

the 2nd and 3rd ways the TV auto found the usb drive and I picked software upgrade:

only to get this both times

Comment

So then did you try a different format of the usb... maybe samsung doesn't like the format you are currently using. Of course, did you try another usb (just for fun... :-) )?

Comment

Two different USB's have been used same results. Both usbs also loaded with pictures after the fact and both recognized by tv, displayed one pic then went into on / off cycle. I would think if the format was off nothing on the drive would be readable by the tv.

Comment

well, it costs nothing to try.

Comment

Working...
                                        X