Sanyo DP42848 Has sound/bad picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo DP42848 Has sound/bad picture

New to this forum, but not to forums in general. I recently picked up a Sanyo DP42848 on the cheap side with a similar issue that I've read on here. I noticed many people had a similar recurring issue "Good sound/no picture". However I didn't quite see anyone that had this particular picture issue. The TV will turn on, but the image is highly distorted and very whitish, almost bordering a negative type picture and the TV has white lines equidistant to one another going across vertically.

We proceeded to pop the back panel off and take a closer look at the boards. We checked the power supply board/input board/t-con board/and inverter boards, but to no avail did not see any 'swelling' or dead caps.

Further reading on this website indicated possible bad t-con board, further caused by a single chip on the board going bad. We decided to take a commercial heatgun and apply even heat on the t-con board around that chip, and after 15-20 seconds, the picture was perfect again. We removed the heat and the tv remained in good image for about 5 or so minutes till it started to 'darken' a little, then return to the original issue. We attempted to replicate the correction again, but this time the image froze and the whole screen started to fade to black from different points to the point the entire screen was black (but you could still tell it was lit). Turning the TV off for a few seconds and turning it back on returned it to the original problem.

Here are a couple pictures below of the particular issue we're experiencing. I'm thinking of ordering a replacement T-Con board, as I believe it's possibly the culprit to this issue. Let me know what you guys think. THANKS.

Re: Sanyo DP42848 Has sound/bad picture

Change the T-con

Comment

Are there any places that sell new? I'm finding on ebay or google "used" or "refurbished".

Comment

No dont change the Tcon ! Dont turn into a person who throws boards at the Tv diagnose it first !
        Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 01-04-2016, 11:46 AM.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Try this out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=purk_SyiT44
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Them panels have a lot of issues with tab bond failures I have also fixed several. Check out my video too:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr7Olg0O-f4

Comment

Please check out the Tab bond fix on that top left hand corner tab very common on them screens even then I dont think a tcon would cause that issue, I would suspect motherboard if the tabs are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                It's funny you mention this.

We have another TV we picked up a while ago, and it had a FULL negative picture. However when you'd bang on the top of the TV, the picture would go back to normal. The culprit on that TV was this same long board at the top. We applied a penny, literally to the top, fixed it down, and that tv has been working fine ever since.

Was curious if that same solution would work on this tv, will have to try that before ordering a replacement board. This TV just seemed a little more difficult to get to that particular board.

Comment

What's the menu look like?

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
                    What's the menu look like?
                    TV is at my parents house right now, will update with a menu picture when I have a chance to go there.

The image itself seems overexposed, menu included, but pictures speak more volume than words.

Comment

If the menu looks bad too, it is either the panel or the tcon. I've fixed two of these with bad tcons. I've never seen a panel fail like that but it is a possibility. Do a search for "gamma voltages". There is a test you can do to determine if the tcon is good or not.

Comment

If the menu looks bad too, it is either the panel or the tcon. I've fixed two of these with bad tcons. I've never seen a panel fail like that but it is a possibility. Do a search for "gamma voltages". There is a test you can do to determine if the tcon is good or not.
                        So we popped the bezel/metal frame off and played with the strip on top. Tapping or touching each ribbon cable did nothing to the picture. The 2 boards ontop did have some 'flex', but pushing them down did nothing either.

Here is the image of the menu.

I'll look into the 'gamma voltage' to check.

Comment

So I went ahead and did the gamma check using the Excel Sheet another member uploaded on here. My results are attached.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ahh this uses the AS15 yep its shot !

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                              Ahh this uses the AS15 yep its shot !
                              Know of any dealers who sell a new T-con? As I mentioned earlier, seems that most retailers online have used/refurbed models. My pops is good at soldering, but even this chip seems to be a tad overwhelming due to it's small size.

Comment

I might have a used one for a reasonable price. Please take a picture of the white label on the tcon. It might be 5542T02008 or something like that.

Comment

I might have a used one for a reasonable price. Please take a picture of the white label on the tcon. It might be 5542T02008 or something like that.
                                  That is the same number, however I'm weary on picking up a used board. Price would have to be lowball offer low, as I don't know how much life that board would have left, and I wouldn't want to offend you with a lowball offer as well.

PM me your price as well, and maybe we can work something out.
                                  Last edited by Jewcano; 01-04-2016, 06:18 PM.

Comment

If anyone else has a source for a replacement board please let me know as well.

Comment

Update:
                                      So I ordered 5 replacement AS15F chips. They're still on their way from China, but in the meantime my pops made an attempt to remove the current chip on the T-Con board. Now he accidentally pressed too hard and thinks he's cut some traces and he's not sure which go where (coinciding with the capacitors on the back of the board behind the chip).

Does anyone have a schematic of the T-Con board for this particular model so he can trace the contacts? Please and thank you .

Comment

Working...
                                      X