Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 32LG3000 problem

Hello! Got an LG LCD TV which has a following problem:

Half the time TV works correctly, then suddenly the picture will become all broken and might freeze and become cracked. Below some examples of the image. Then when the TV is touched a little the picture will jump around and after some tinkering a position where the image becomes normal again, can be found. After that the process repeats irregularly. Anyone has a suggestion where to look for? I suspected loose contacts, tried re-seating - no effect. Now I suspect the soldering, but as I am not experienced with electronics I want to know what boards should I look for, to not take everything apart. Z-sus? Y-sus? Something else? Thanks in advance

Re: LG 32LG3000 problem

If more info is needed, tell me

Comment

No ideas anyone?

Comment

Not YSUS or ZSUS, they are only in plasma TVs. Did you check the cable to the tcon ?

Comment

Im guessing Bad Panel, I had a tv ghosting like this once and it was bad news at the outcome, when it does this try grabbing 2 nopposite corners and give it a little twist see if it fixes itself or changes , if so Im thinking panel.. good luck

Comment

Found the problem after disassembling the whole TV into parts. The issue is in the ribbon cable on the board in the upper section of the LCD where the T-CON gets connected to. Seems like it has been damaged somehow, although visually everything seems ok. What helped was that I put some cotton between the board and the cable to stretch the cable a bit. TV works as following now: Turns up only on a the second try, but after that everything works correctly and moving the TV does not create any problems. Anyone has a suggestion on how this can be fixed correctly? Seems like the cable is not made to be changed, so I am guessing the LCD has to be changed, which is of course not viable as the TV costs itself less than the LCD panel. Anyways would like to hear some suggestions.

Comment

The solution for this problem is to re-glue the lcd connection. Im not sure if this works with just home material.........

Most people fix this issue as you fixxed it. They dont use cotton though. I fixed some tv's with carbon and electrical tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMo3NBGLwH0

Video is made by Tom66.
              I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Got it, I"ll replace the cotton with electrical tape, otherwise I guess I leave it like that, re-glueing must be done by the factory, I bet it is barely possible to be done at home. Thanks for the info though!

Comment

Working...
                X