X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finlux LED 32.7 CTS turns on and off in cycles when plugged in

PSU: Vestel 17PW07-2 041111 V2
    Mainboard Vestel 17MB70-5P V1 050511
    The problem of the TV is that it wont respond neither to the remote control nor to the button on the TV itself, and when its power cord is plugged in, it turns itself on, the red light begins to blink, at the fourth blink the screen turns on, shows white screen, and at the 12th blink the screen goes off again.
    In the next cycles it blinks only 7 or 8 times and at the 4th or 5th blinking comes the screen on and after a few blinks goes off again.
    A cycle lasts approx. 20 seconds.
    I have measured the voltages on the PSU, all are fine, except 2.
    http://postimg.org/image/fy61bfxd3/
    On pin 14 (24v) i havent been able to measure voltage, on pin 13 (5vstby) i measured only 4,1 instead of 5v.
    I`ve checked all the diodes on the board with the following results:
    d111 484
    d229 235
    d308 355
    d112 660
    d109 630
    d106 700
    d226 200
    d224 160
    d223 160
    d219 500
    d215 330
    d228 330
    By all of them the current flew only in one direction, thats okey, but im not sure whether the diodes with values measured under 300 (ohms maybe) can be used further.
    I`ve replaced some capacitors (15 pieces), except the bigger ones which i couldnt buy yet, but nothing changed.
    I even uploaded a 1,5 minute video to youtube about the failure and the bizarre sound of the PSU.
    click here to watch it
    Could someone please help me further?

Re: Finlux LED 32.7 CTS turns on and off in cycles when plugged in

There is a diode near the filter caps its large check if for reading both ways out of circuit ! It tends to not fail shorted on these but leaky. The diode is normally a Mur460
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

This is the diode, check out of circuit.
      Attached Files
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

I have checked it already, the measured resistance of all the diodes of the PSU is in my opening post.
        This was the first thing i tested, current flew only in one direction, the resistance in the right direction was measured at 484.

I forgot to say that all the measurements were made with one leg out of the circuit.
        Last edited by aerojolly; 10-16-2015, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Let me rephrase that, you need to check this one out of circuit mate. If its good I will tell you what to do next.

Comment

I have already checked that diode out of circuit, it seems okay.

Comment

I am still looking for the solution

Comment

Changed the high voltage caps and MUR460 as well, maybe its less noisy, but still produces the same symptoms. Im stucked.
                Last edited by aerojolly; 11-07-2015, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aerojolly View Post
                  Changed the high voltage caps and MUR460 as well, maybe its less noisy, but still produces the same symptoms. Im stucked.
                  After changing the big caps the tv began to emit friendlier noises, (no clicking), and after a firmware flash it works again.
                  Everything works perfectly the only problem i have is to tune it with the cable.
                  I dont get any channels. Not sure though whether its caused by the tv. Maybe there comes no signal on the cable.

Comment

I have a Finlux 40S8070-T that exhibits exactly the flashing blank screen then turning off and continuing in that cycle as you've described.
                    Its not clear in your last post what you considered corrected this issue. Do you belief it was a power supply issue which you corrected or a main board software issue?

Comment

I think that i could have repaired the TV by just flashing a new firmware, but as I heard the weird noises coming from the PSU I was sure that the PSU must be bad.
                      Maybe it was, maybe it wasnt, but flashing a new firmware was essential, theres no doubt about that.
                      As a first step I would refresh the software of the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by aerojolly View Post
                        I think that i could have repaired the TV by just flashing a new firmware, but as I heard the weird noises coming from the PSU I was sure that the PSU must be bad.
                        Maybe it was, maybe it wasnt, but flashing a new firmware was essential, theres no doubt about that.
                        As a first step I would refresh the software of the TV.
                        +1 Also these Psus do whine badly.

Comment

Appreciate your reply. Ohms Supplies now supply a good range of software upgrades for Vestel main boards on usb sticks at a good price. I ordered and received the appropriate upgrade for the 40inch Finlux as mentioned in my previous post. Afraid I've had no luck in loading it though despite carrying out the instructions to the letter. As you appear to have been successful in flashing your mainboard I would grateful if you could explain the procedure you used.

Comment

http://support.hbaustria.at/loki/1024/vestel.htm
                            Here are some vestel drivers, the actual one that runs my TV comes from this website.
                            1 copy the extracted files to a usb stick (there are no other files on the usb stick, at the best its fresh formatted)
                            2 turn off and remove the cord of the tv from the wall
                            3 insert the usb stick in the tv
                            4 plug the cord in
                            5 turn the tv on either with the remote or with the onboard button of the tv.
                            6 after 2 minutes it should be ready/finished.
                            Hope youll have luck!

Comment

Thanks very much for the link and the information! Will report back to inform whether successful or not.

Comment

No luck Im afraid. The correct software is based on the bar code sticker and the software needed on Finlux 40S8070-T is V10077867 is not listed on that link. Tried them anyway in desperation but no luck. I would be most interested to know which 32inch software worked for you. If anybody has access to that mb70 (V10077867)software it would be great if they could help.

Comment

I picked this firmware
                                  http://support.hbaustria.at/loki/sof...0-0-7-B000.zip
                                  I havent found neither the perfect match firmware to my set, Ive just chosen one that was similar and worked. Actually 3 differents firmwares worked for some degree, but by two of them the tuner didnt function.

Comment

Did you ever get the correct software ?

Comment

As regards the Finlux 40s8070T afraid not but still looking!

Comment

send me a message tomorrow in case I forget and I will have a look what I have when I am back at work what finlux files I have.

Comment

Working...
                                        X