Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PC45 Plasma Problems

Hi Everyone.

I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my old LG's issues..

Around a month or so ago, the set lost sound entirely, we were watching TV and there was a load "pop" from the speakers, then nothing.. Not too much of an problem as we use a freeview box and now route audio from that to an amp, but I thought I should mention it in case it has any bearing on the real problem...

A few nights ago whilst watching the TV suddenly started showing, for want of a better term.. "strobing" vertical lines about 1" wide over the entire screen. Initially they were Red, Blue and Green, but the last 5 or 6 times I have switched the set on the bars are a transparent grey/blackish. The bars do not move and the picture in between them looks fine.

I am loathe to throw it away unless really necessary, it had a really nice picture. I doubt I could actually "throw" it anywhere anyway on account of it weighing a ton!

Any ideas or help greatly appreciated..

Thanks,

Radial
    Attached Files

Re: LG 60PC45 Plasma Problems

Sounds like a mainboard fault. Try a factory rest.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Cheers Reecey, I'll give it a go when I get home.

I'll report back..

Comment

Ok mate if not probably mainboard think its common on these seen a thread before if. I remember.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I tried the factory reset, but no luck..

I found somewhere with mainboards for sale and also a company who are selling a "mainboard repair kit" which seems to consist of 6 caps?

Interestingly, when I tried it with no source, it had a jet black screen with a few random colour vertical lines, I hadn't seen that before. I think they were one pixel wide. When I switched the set off and on again they had gone and the usual grey/black transparent lines were back...

Is there anyway to test the main board, or should I just take a punt on a repair kit or a board?

I guess the next step is to whip the back off and have a look.

Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X