Phillips 47pfl7642d/05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phillips 47pfl7642d/05

I have a quick question, I have a Phillips 47pfl7642d/05 with sound, backlight but no picture.

I thought it could be t-con and I've not even got as far as taking it out, but I noticed that the slave inverter board has 2 blown caps with clear indications they they're both gone (2 x 35v 680uf). Now, these being blown won't have any affect on the picture being displayed would it? they just control the backlight? which is working.

I assume the master inverter is why the backlight is still running?

Cheers guys

Re: Phillips 47pfl7642d/05

Maybe you should replace those and check all others if possible. Perform a test and take it from there. It is and indication that other caps might have failed as well.
    I am not sure if it would cause no image but there might be feedback from inverter to psu and mainboard...

Comment

If the backlight is on then it's not them causing your fault.
      Best to replace them thought.

Comment

I thought as much but thought I'd ask, I'll replace them anyway and move on to that t-con when I finally manage to get to it, it's under the metal plate which every other board is screwed to, wonderful.

Comment

Could the control board cause the same symptoms as the t-con? There's sound and backlight just no picture

Comment

Originally posted by quiggy View Post
            Could the control board cause the same symptoms as the t-con? There's sound and backlight just no picture
            Have you replaced the mainboard or tempered any settings in service menu?

You can always try with remote control:

062598 MENU XXX

where XXX is the 3 digit number printed on the side sticker of the back cover of the TV. This will reinitialize the panel.

Comment

I've not replaced the main AV board because there were sound so I assumed that would be ok.

Comment

I replaced the t-con and the problem still remains, there is some red pixels I've noticed in the bottom left corner though, not sure what this could mean.

Comment

Working...
                X