STB3.3v = 0.4V on Panasonic p42v10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: STB3.3v = 0.4V on Panasonic p42v10

I guess you went as far as you can go, unless you have a very sensitive Ohm meter or a Leakseeker 89. You could cut the little traces of interest and find out that way if the short disappears. However since it seems the IVDD pins are shorted to GND, this is a lost cause and either the chip or the board needs to be replaced.

Comment

Thanks guys. I might try removing the IC in the weekend. I guess the worst that could happen is that I gain some experience in removing IC's

Comment

There are some good video tutorials on the internet. Hot air is the easiest way if you have the tools and don't want to destroy the IC. Chipquick is also quite good.

Without either you can cut the leads off with a knife, clean the pads with iron and wick, but then the IC is done. That method is only good when the IC is known bad and you are replacing it.
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

Hey guys, in the meantime I've bought a new signal board. Unfortunately it still doesn't work, but some things have changed. Now when I turn on the TV I hear the relays clicking and the backlight turns on. However, theres nothing on the screen (no OSD), I have 13 blinks and the TV shuts itself down.

I've had some time to cool down and gather some courage to start over again. Any ideas where to start? Cheers. Rick.

Comment

Originally posted by rvanpruissen View Post
            Hey guys, in the meantime I've bought a new signal board. Unfortunately it still doesn't work, but some things have changed. Now when I turn on the TV I hear the relays clicking and the backlight turns on. However, theres nothing on the screen (no OSD), I have 13 blinks and the TV shuts itself down.

I've had some time to cool down and gather some courage to start over again. Any ideas where to start? Cheers. Rick.
            13 blinks sounds like another bad A board. New board or recycled/ might be better to send back

So the panel fires up? it's plasma so no backlight.

Comment

"Fires up" indeed, sorry habit from laptop repairs This was indeed a recycled board from a seller who claims it's working. Maybe it isn't...

Comment

Working...
              X