Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung la55c750r2f - screen goes green then won't turn on

Hi all,

I've got a samsung la55c750r2fxxy LCD TV with a problem. After watching for a while, the screen briefly goes totally green (1 second), then goes black. The standby light goes off, but flashes red when you try turning it on again.

If the TV is unplugged for a few minutes, it turns back on normally again, but the problem continues to happen.

I've tried cleaning the ribbon cable, and I've replaced the 2 25v 1000uf capacitors on the power supply board, but the problem persists.

All the capacitors appear fine, but I'm considering replacing the rest of them on the power supply board.

Any hints, other than take it to Samsung?

Thanks!
    Last edited by jimbojangles; 02-15-2015, 06:39 PM.

Re: Samsung la55c750r2f - screen goes green then won't turn on

Pics of each board and one of entire layout please

Comment

Originally posted by newtothis View Post
      Pics of each board and one of entire layout please
      Here are some pics - let me know if they're not adequate!
      Attached Files

Comment

do you have a digital multimeter to test with?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          do you have a digital multimeter to test with?
          I've got one but I've never used it before. I might need to watch some youtube to know what you do with it!

Comment

for sure, youtube has good tutorials, when your comfortable, let us know, we can help you test.

Comment

Right! Skills acquired! Now, what should I be measuring?

Comment

ok, check the connectors of power supply, the label is there by it, says 5v, 13v, 18v etc, looks like you can test from the back, the metal pins there, test with tv on, black probe to chassis, as always be careful working with power supply, HIGH VOLTAGE, on primary side can be deadly.

Comment

Its seems to be heat related, if you have a hair drier use it and heat the boards, especially the tcon and motherboard too see if heating one or the other speeds the timing of the fault up showing you what board is at fault.
                  Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by jimbojangles View Post
                    Hi all,

I've got a samsung la55c750r2fxxy LCD TV with a problem. After watching for a while, the screen briefly goes totally green (1 second), then goes black. The standby light goes off, but flashes red when you try turning it on again.

If the TV is unplugged for a few minutes, it turns back on normally again, but the problem continues to happen.

I've tried cleaning the ribbon cable, and I've replaced the 2 25v 1000uf capacitors on the power supply board, but the problem persists.

All the capacitors appear fine, but I'm considering replacing the rest of them on the power supply board.

Any hints, other than take it to Samsung?

Thanks!
                    could be those other caps, at least they dont cost a lot.
                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-16-2015, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X