No announcement yet.

Samsung ps50a451p1 50" vertical lines and bar display with sound help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung ps50a451p1 50" vertical lines and bar display with sound help please

hi my tv has become like this after a thunder storm and it became a dead set. so i got to work ad repaired everything that was dameged, there where three mosfets in short on the x-sustain and a resistor that was way off. on the y-sus
    just four resistors where chamged .after that i toke a look at all the volteges and the tv is now working. in the videos below i say that i suspect its the y-sus but i dont mean that i want to say is the panel it self , the videos will explain the rest. thank you so very much as of now for all the help and for just looking.

http://youtu.be/omRKU3-Xqkg
    http://youtu.be/ayNn7tij5Qo
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ademim; 12-28-2014, 09:35 AM.

Re: Samsung ps50a451p1 50" vertical lines and bar display with sound help please

Originally posted by ademim View Post
    hi my tv has become like this after a thunder storm and it became a dead set. so i got to work ad repaired everything that was dameged, there where three mosfets in short on the x-sustain and a resistor that was way off. on the y-sus
    just four resistors where chamged .after that i toke a look at all the volteges and the tv is now working. in the videos below i say that i suspect its the y-sus but i dont mean that i want to say is the panel it self , the videos will explain the rest. thank you so very much as of now for all the help and for just looking.

http://youtu.be/omRKU3-Xqkg
    http://youtu.be/ayNn7tij5Qo
    so it's working fine now or there's still a problem?

Comment

Re: Samsung ps50a451p1 50" vertical lines and bar display with sound help please

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      so it's working fine now or there's still a problem?
      hi thanks for reply, and nop its not working fine as i did some more fidling around and found the core problem and its the littel ic built into the flex cable that comes from the address buffers at the bottum. i would love to descover a way to replae them, anybody.....

the third pic is not atcual picture from my tv only the first 2:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ademim; 12-28-2014, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ademim View Post

hi thanks for reply, and nop its not working fine as i did some more fidling around and found the ore problem and its the littel ic built into the flex cable that comes from the address buffers at the bottum. i would love to descover a way to replae them, anybody.....

the third pic is not atcual picture from my tv only the first 2:
        out of 16 of these only one works...
        either i find a way to get an install those little guys or a new panel .

Comment

so i switched the panel and a get a complete picture.when i turn on tv cold its great after about 20 to 30 min it becomes like what is seen in the video and it gets worst with time.the new panel had some diff voltages on the sticker on the back and i adjusted them acordingly . what could it be?

http://youtu.be/m3jj3nWMh4U
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ademim; 01-09-2015, 06:05 PM.

Comment

It is a good idea to check the voltages on the plasma panel (Vscan, Vs, Va, Vset, Ve) to make sure they meet the specification of the NEW panel. It may also be necessary to adjust Yrr/Yfr and in some rare cases swap over the control board from the new panel.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hi tom, thanks for the fast reply ,the va, vs, ve ,vscan are all bang on and the vset i dont know what that is . the thing is that when the tv is cold and i turn it on its perfect and after about 20 or 30 minuts the sparckling begins and where the sparkling is on the screen it is warmer then where there is no sparkling and eventualy it becomes hot where it was warm and warm where it was cool.

Comment

oh one more thing this panel is the same model and part number but on the x-sustain part the original panel had 5 flex cables and this one has 3, the three are connected and align with sockets but at the very top and the very bottum of the x-sustein board there is one socket empty. i dont know if this could be why but i dont think so,what do you think?

Comment

so i toke voltage readings and everything was bang on exept for the VE whitch is suppoed to be 95v and when i read that voltage (set already on a good while) the voltage was 133v so i atempted to adjust it to 95v and it would not, i mean i turned the pot fully around and it did nothing ,after that i toke another reading and i noticed that the hotter it got the higher the voltage which was up to 142v and so i turned off the set.so after a while say 15 min the set cooled down i turned it on and toke another reading and it was down to 110v and the picture was almost mint. so i ask what on this x-sustain board (component) is responceble for voltage adjustment of the VE.(samsung model 50 hd w3 x-main(1l) lj41-05307a) thanks again cheers
                  Last edited by ademim; 01-09-2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you are having hardware compatibility issues, are those boards compatible with that PDP screen?

I wouldn't run it anymore until last you can make sure or you are going to fry that screen.

Comment

yup thats what im going to do as the x-sustain ended up braeking down short circuit on three mosfets that had blown before and i replaced them in efforts of not replacing the board. i already ordered a brand new x-sustain will be here next week, intill then thanks everyone for the help.
                      cheers

Comment

Did you use a panel from an 50" A4xx Samsung plasma? Or just some random plasma panel......
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hi ,its the same panel as the original aside from the 3 flex cables for the x-sus where the original had 5 flex cables ,the thing is that x-sus had failed before with the original panel and i fixed it but now has failed again in the very same way like i discribe abuve so i just cut my losses and bought a brand new x-sus. there was something else wrong with the x-sus besides the 3 mosfets (rjh3047).

Comment

3 vs 5 could indicate the plasma panel is completely different, who knows if it will fit?

Comment

hi it works very well and flex cables align perfect with the x-sus and y-sus sockets for that matter. because of the problem i was having i tryed connecting only one flex and the screen was just fine so i think there will not be a problem with 3 vrs 5 as long as the x-sus is working properly . the one i had and replaced the mosfets had to have something else wrong with it because its first fault was because of a thunder storm and after that it developed a short circuit which was the mosfets i replaced them but there has to be something else becouse its failed again with the mosfets so i ordered a brand new one not used,new.next week ill set the voltege to 95v as stated for this panel (original 100v) and its movie time to test out the new x-sus, a nice long movie like lord of the rings ,i have seen it but for test purposes. well thanks again ill be back next week when the new one is installed.
                              cheers
                              Last edited by ademim; 01-10-2015, 09:42 AM.

Comment

What I mean is the fact that it used 5 flex indicates it had different boards, so you cannot know if they would be compatible. Things like the set-up and Ve initialisation periods could be different on the output waveforms which would cause a fault like you see.

Comment

im using the same board of the original panel 5 socket on the new panel(second hand) that has 3 flex. i dont think there will be a problem as long as the x-sus is i good working order. i will give you feedback when my new one is installed and tested.
                                  cheers

Comment

hey guys got my brand new x-sustain and so far so good the tv has been on and working perfectly for 2 to 3 hours now ,i will consider this thread closed in another 3 to 4 days to see how the tv behaves but for now its great again...thanks to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                    X