Samsung LED TV 40" UE40C6510 Display Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LED TV 40" UE40C6510 Display Issue

First time opening LED TV, not going to spend much cash on it, as i think a tab bond has gone. (Hope not though!!)

Internals:
    Panel - LTF400HJ03
    MainBoard - BN41-01444C
    PSU - BN44-00357A
    Inverter - (Unsure at the moment)
    T-CON - S120AMP4C4LV0.4

Just opened this up and had a good look around, nothing obvious! Unit will stay powered up and can see picture, and sound is present.
    Picture can be seen on the left had side of the panel only, need a torch to see it though.

Anyone any ideas on where to start?

read through DemonBG threads he's worked on same unit (Different fault though.)

Thanks in advance

Stephen
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LED TV 40" UE40C6510 Display Issue

Remove clean and reseat any cables. going to the tcon/panel pictures of the inside might help. Could be tcon or tab bonds - tried pressing gently on them?
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Thanks for reply selldoor, with give cleaning and reseating them a go.
      Will there be multiple tab bonds along the inner most part of the LCD? Not stripped one down that far yet, usually swap outs and component changes. Hopefully get down to some proper component level debug soon as possible.
      See pics >>
      Attached Files

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCExlSnG4yY
        will give you the general idea

2 voltage regulators in pic 3 may be QD1 QD2 to test. post result with part nos
        Last edited by selldoor; 08-19-2014, 08:35 AM.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Hey Stephen,

The C Series range of TV's is plagued with bad main boards (And T-con boards in my experience...) Of the 4 i have had; 3 of them had bad main boards, 2 of them had bad T-Cons... (one of them had both!)

Once you have cleaned all the cables, unplug the right hand side of the T-con to the screen and see if it makes a difference...

If you want me to test any of the boards for you, let me know - I have one of these on my bench right now with semi-faulty boards...

Good luck,
          Demon

Comment

Hey Demon thanks for the reply I will get round to this hopefully within the next couple of days.
            Should I hook up a source to the tv when doing the testing?

I will upload some pics when done.

Stephen

Comment

May be easier to diagnose with a signal but if after unplugging Tyner remaining side turns good, you know you have either a screen or Tcon fault...

Comment

Hello,

I have similar problem with the same model. I do not do TVs normally, so no exparience. Could you guys help me out with two questions, please:

1. Do you have any service manual to this model that you can share (very hard to find one)?
                2. How to take off the front bezel? Since I have never did it and do not have any instructions, just do not want to break something (kinda noob question :-) I can see only the strange clips on the reverse side of the bezel (on the photo).

Update ro point 2:

I have managed to pull off almost all clips (it was stright forward), but center bottom holds everything and I do not see anything obvious there of what I could do. Need some help there.

Comment

Update to point 2:

I have managed to pull off almost all clips (it was stright forward), but center bottom holds everything and I do not see anything obvious there of what I could do. Need some help there.

Solved point 2.
                  It has to be unscrewed from under the stand mount.

Please help in regards to Service manual.
                  Last edited by k-krzych; 04-06-2024, 06:05 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

Originally posted by k-krzych View Post

1. Do you have any service manual to this model that you can share (very hard to find one)?
                    https://elektrotanya.com/samsung_ue3...wnload.html#dl

Comment

Solved point 2.
                      It has to be unscrewed from under the stand mount.

Please help in regards to Service manual.

Comment

I have taken the metal frame that holds the matrix and screen came back to normal but with horisontal this time disturbances. I have put back the metal frame and half black screen returned.
                        Is it a problem with T con? If so, what would be the next procedure?

Comment

Saw thisone before, but there is no way it lets me download anything. Looks like DOWNLOAD button is not working properly or the file itself under DOWNLOAD botton is unlinked. I have tried with Chrome and MS Edge.

Update.
                          Ok firewall from Kaspersky... Popups blocked. I managed to download

Ehh what a day.....

Thank you

Comment

Partially solved.

Flat cables between T-Con and matrix were oxidated and there was poor contact.

After that picture came back to almost normal. You actually can see the difference between left and right side of the screen, espetially on darker tones. How can I fix this?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X