Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-37XL8E bad lamp?

Hi,

few days ago, my beloved Sharp shut off and started to blink red or green led one blink per second. Service mode cant be entered - screen turns off after few seconds. As I understand, one of lamps failed.
    Can someone pinpoint capacitor that needs to be jumped in order to bypass lamp diagnostics or smt? Attached pics of inverter board.

Here's service manual for this TV

Attached Files

Re: Sharp LC-37XL8E bad lamp?

Anyone?

Comment

Pin 18 of OZ964GN, trace it to a capacitor. Short that capacitor. However do be aware doing this can cause damage to the inverter, bulbs or transformers and possibly create a fire hazard. Only do this as a temporary test before repairing the root cause.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks, but I have a hard time tracing... First there's a resistor (?) JR7513, then path splits.. Attached one more pic
        Attached Files

Comment

Try C7524, they may also use that control line for other stuff.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Just tried, screen does not turn at all. Thoughts?

Comment

I think it means you're getting no error any more but there is a fault with the inverter preventing it lighting up.

Comment

Desoldered jumper - I do get a pair seconds of image, with dimmed region in center of a screen. So sad..

Comment

Working...
                X