Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PS-50C96HD

Help again please guys.
    Just paid to have the Y-SUS and buffers repaired on a Samsung PS-50C96HD due to sound but no picture. They arrived back today and although I now have a picture every so often the top half of the screen ghosts into the bottom half and the Screen flickers. Had it running now for about 12 hours and I've tried a replacement t lower buffer as I had one spare but it made no difference. Don't want to question the repair untill I know if there is likely to be another cause. I bought the TV faulty with the Y-SUS issue so not sure if it might have had another issue .
    As usual any help what be great.

Re: Samsung PS-50C96HD

When this issue occurs, is the user menu also affected? Have you tried the logic board test patterns to see if they are affected too?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

weird, there's a connection between the upper and lower buffer boards is that connected.
      any pictures.

Comment

Hi. Pictures are not possible as its only for a few seconds then works fine for a while. Not sure what you mean by test patterns but if I use the menu on the TV it ghosts the same as the picture behind.
        The connector between the buffers is connected.

Comment

Does not seem to happen when the menu is on with no input though.

Comment

Anyone any ideas ?

Comment

Have now been able to check both buffers and Y-sus all working fine. Been told it's likely a faulty T-Con Board does this sound right ?

Comment

plasmas dont have t-con boards.

Comment

Sorry. The board I've been told is likely faulty is the Control Board part number LJ41-04776A.

Comment

maybe Have you tried the logic board test patterns as per post 2 if you need to know how to run them just ask tw2005 or tom will advise how to.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...=test+patterns
                      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Hi. My TV has a six pin connector block is it still pin 3 and 4 ?

Comment

Ignore my stupidity. Clear on the boards its 5 and 6. Still getting the same ghosting on the test patterns does this mean faulty control board ?

Comment

can you post pictures of the ghosting that your refering to?

Comment

Photo are not possible. It is a millisecond flick of the top half on the screen ghosted into the bottom half. Happens every couple of minutes or so. Got me baffled.

Comment

Hi. Finally after more attempts than I care to count got a pic. The yellow in the screen is not visible when watching but as you can see the top of the screen is in the bottom. Looks a lot worse in the pic. While watching its only really a ghost / shadow.
                                Anyone any ideas ?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, looks like it could be a control board issue - but very hard to be sure.
                                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Silly question--Have you tried re-seating all the ribbon-cables to and from the Control-Board and the SUS boards....

Worth a try....

If not, prob is the control-board scrambling stuff up...
                                    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                                    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                                    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Working...
                                    X