need help with caps on a plasma tv power supply board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: need help with caps on a plasma tv power supply board

Ok post good clear in focus well lit picture of the power supply front and back.
    We need to be able to read the numbers on the board clearly.
    If you cant see them neither can we so dont bother posting them
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Yup mean the PSU? OK I'll get some pics of it I'll take as many as I can

Comment

ok so its been awhile since i last posted, but ive been busy, i have the pics you guys wanted of the PSU, and of some new projects i picked up.,

Comment

i have two olveia LCD tvs, one 32in (busted LCD works fully) and a 42in (no sound but fully functional otherwise)

my plasma this thread was started about, and a HP 21.5in computer monitor with and HDMI port that works but says OSD LOCKOUT when i try and change the source,

i want to fix all of these if possible, i know the TV with the bad LCD (32in) will more then likely be a parts TV unless one comes around with a bad board and someone sells it cheap as dirt, then ill salvage the screen, or just install these boards into that unit, but for now that TV is on the bench, i may just swap its board into the 42in and get sound back again,
          Attached Files

Comment

here are the pics you wanted of the PSU and one of the YSUS?, front and back of both, but now as far as the plasma goes (panasonic) i plug it in i hear a click i click the power button the red power LED comes on for 10 sec i then hear another click and the LED goes out and in that time theres no video or audio, thats where i stand with this TV as of now,

also included a picture of the 42in Olevia working and me testing it with my xbox, beautiful picture for an LCD TV, and especially a free one,
            Attached Files

Comment

oh and thanks guys for being patient with me, and taking the time to teach me some tech about these TV's

Comment

No one? Also I need a place to order the caps I need. Somewhere that I can make a list of what I need and have it shipped to me.

Comment

I dont think we are going to go through all that again - I doubt if anyone is even going to bother reading through 64 posts again.
                  I believe you can list the caps you want at Digikey.com without actually placing the order.
                  Then you can check it before you send it.
                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Well I don't think that's right. People come to forums for help not to be cast away and basically told they're not going to be helped.

Comment

Look, I have answered your last question go to digikey and get your caps.
                      In fact you were told that in post 2 !!

It doesnt really matter whether you think its right or not, that is just how it is.
                      There are only so many members who voluntarily give up their time and experience to try and help on a regular basis. If you look at the ratio of queries to the number of such volunteers, we cannot afford to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to help people who wont help themseves. Given the choice of reading though all that or moving on to another thread what would you do? look at how many visits there have been to the thread and compare that to the number of posts will give you an idea of how many are skipping it.

Comment

I DID read all 64 post again out of shear entertainment.
                        I refuse to ad to the advise,as I strongly believe he shouldn't be touching any electronics.
                        He's VERY dangerous in his method and would hate to hear that he seriously hurt himself(or worse) with this TV.
                        Besides that,he doesn't take ANY advise that's given to him,and after 64 posts is not an inch closer to solving the problem,I'm sure by now the TV is beyond repair.
                        Then to point out that he thinks he doesn't get help and thinks its not fair is BS.
                        You had awesome and VERY knowledgeable people here trying to help you,but I'm positive they gave up by now....
                        You mentioned you wanna make this your profession?.....no offense,but plz don't,unless you do some SERIOUS learning first.....
                        Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Fuck this forum, someone comes in wanting a little help and gets this? Fuck it I'm not going to stick around and be bashed over not knowing as much as the next guy on here. And I didn't listen to advice? I think you need to rethink and re read this thread. Won't be returning to this shitty forum.

Comment

Really? I mean, really? We've tried to help you but you simply don't listen - we are not the problem. You are.
                            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Had no intent to piss him off.
                              Did however express my concern about him electrocuting himself,as there is clearly a lack of knowledge,and that's fine,but doesn't listen enough to advise as in to safely diagnose this TV where he doesn't realize it has enough voltage to DROP YOU DEAD in a extreme case.
                              Does that make us a "shitty" forum? I don't think so.
                              I'm sorry if he now things of this forum the way he is cause of what I said,I held my tongue for 3 pages,with fear he would hurt himself and now had enough when he started bashing us. Not our fault he won't take advise and walks through the TV like a Neanderthal with no idea how he put's himself at risk.
                              Anyways,in the end I hope it somewhat rubbed of a bit that he needs to do some serious reading/learning before he touches that TV again.For his own safety...

Comment

Originally posted by martino View Post
                                Had no intent to piss him off.
                                well.......maybe a little to give him a wake up call of what he's doing

Comment

Working...
                                X