Faulty lg 50pg3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Faulty lg 50pg3000

OK, place the red probe on the copper area marked in red. Then run the black probe along the ribbon connector contacts. Try not to miss any.

Your meter should be on the beep mode - i.e. when you touch the probes together it should beep.

You only need to do this on the upper buffer board. The lower is OK.
    Attached Files
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      OK, place the red probe on the copper area marked in red. Then run the black probe along the ribbon connector contacts. Try not to miss any.

Your meter should be on the beep mode - i.e. when you touch the probes together it should beep.

You only need to do this on the upper buffer board. The lower is OK.
      So am I looking for continuity across all contacts?

Comment

You should get no continuity.
        I am fairly sure your top buffer is bad, but this is additional information which will confirm it.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

You should get no continuity.
          I am fairly sure your top buffer is bad, but this is additional information which will confirm it.
          On the left set of terminals there was no continuity but some terminals when tested gave a 1 on my multimeter and some gave varying numbers 476 589 etc.

Comment

OK, that is a bad board. They are not dead short but they are leaky. So I would say you can just go and replace the top buffer board to fix this problem.

Comment

Middle ribbon connector contacts all gave varying numbered readings and not one 1 reading

Comment

The left hand ribbon connector is right where the lines are horizontally on the TV as well does that make sense?

Comment

Can you try reversing the red and black probes and do the test again?

Comment

Can you try reversing the red and black probes and do the test again?
                    Just a constant 1 when I do that

Comment

Hm, no shorts. Well, I would say replace the board anyway, given the fault symptoms. I can't see any other part causing it. Wish I could be more conclusive, though.

Comment

Ok Thank you

Where is the best place to buy one from?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

eBay, FlatTVParts, RecyclingLives, ...
                          There are many, but getting the part may be tricky.
                          There is an LG distributor selling a new part for about £70 all in.

Comment

eBay, FlatTVParts, RecyclingLives, ...
                            There are many, but getting the part may be tricky.
                            There is an LG distributor selling a new part for about £70 all in.
                            Where is the new part 70 quid is ok? I will buy today

Comment

Recyclinglives coming up bad domain

Comment

Just search for your EBR number printed on the sticker.
                                e.g. EBR123456789

Comment

Hi Tom is an EBR50039008 the same as my EBR50039005?

Been offered one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Comment

Be careful the guy who's listing that tv has a cracked screen which sometimes shorts the buffers etc I've learnt my lesson buying cracked screened tvs

Comment

If the Y-sustain and control board have the same part numbers it should work OK.
                                      Sordids is correct it can cause issues though I am not aware of it affecting LG, only Samsung and Panasonic, you will be taking a risk...

Comment

Just to let you know TOM that part I purchased from Ebay worked fine!

Many thanks for your expert advice

Comment

Working...
                                        X