50HP66 thin vertical line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50HP66 thin vertical line

I have a 50HP66 I just fixed the ysus. I never saw the picture before repairing the it. There's a thin blue line going down the screen towards the middle. I've read in some instances the display is starting to go with this issue, anyone heard different, or should I just part it out now?

I would try to get a picture, but it's only about a pixel wide and hard to see.

Thanks,

Brian

Re: 50HP66 thin vertical line

Bad plasma panel is the likely cause. LG panel inside?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I'd have to open it up again to see, most likely, using LG parts. ....oh well, I can part it out and make my money back on the ysus alone.

I bought a hakko desolder gun, made the module replacement much easier.

Uggh,

Brian

Comment

Yup, LG panel, there are more lines starting to appear. I tried to reseat the associated ribbon cables, no change. Fortunately I can part the zsus and ysus boards out and not be in the hole.

Thanks,
        Brian

Comment

Just for kicks, try cleaning and reseating the buffer ribbon cables at the top of the panal.

I have a Sammy PDP sitting here that had a 3" void with multi colored lines going halfway down the screen and all it ended up being was a loose buffer ribbon cable. After I cleaned the afflicted cable and reseated it. The void was gone and it's been working fine ever since.

On thing you might want to try if there are air perfs at the top of the back she'll take a small wood dowl or of you can a longer toothpick and gently rub the ribbon cables near the line and see if anything changes.

But as tom says that's a pretty good sign the panel is shot.

Good luck!

Comment

Derp, you just posted as I was typing my novel lol. Disregard what I said then!

Comment

Working...
            X