pn50b650s1f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pn50b650s1f

I'd say a good chance of a loose connector for that part of the panel, doesn't look like a bad panel to me. Also make sure ribbons from control board are seated into the boards correctly.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

thanks i will try that. i soldered a thin wire on the fuse just to see if it start up. which worked. will this affect anything? just for testing of coarse.

Comment

If the fuse blew there's a chance the panel is bad, but it's quite rare for one to fail like that.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

yeah thats what i though. the fuse is there to protect the board i will amagine. any ways i just hope the cable that connects the two together is right. ill try to check the buffer cables this evening. thanks to you both.

Comment

ok . update i looked at te bottom buffer boards. i didnt see anything visual wrong so i decided to reow the board a little just to see if there was a change. now the red line is yellow .. go figure..
            Last edited by bodaciuos; 03-28-2014, 08:58 PM.

Comment

You've gone from losing both green and blue to losing only blue for that part; in my opinion, that's progress. Whatever you did, try doing it again. Check ALL connectors on BOTH ends of the control board and buffer boards.
              Last edited by tom66; 03-28-2014, 09:24 PM.

Comment

thanks tom for the advise. and to keep me going with it. i hate to giving up. but i was going to. update , after all the panel is good. i reflowed the left side lower buffer board with a heat gun . and it work im back to a normal picture. i see how long it will hold up being these tv heat up.... does any one know where i could fine the mini ceramic fuse for this buffer board .. thanks to caeb and tomm for your help.. hope this helps someone else. reading is fundamental. great job guys..
                Attached Files
                Last edited by bodaciuos; 03-29-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Make SURE you install the heatsink for the X-buffer if you run the TV for longer than about 30 seconds.

What is the rating of the original fuse?

Comment

The original is an 8 amp, here is a similar fuse on digikey, Its 250v ac 125v dc Tom will that fuse will hold up in that location?
                    Last edited by Caleb; 03-29-2014, 10:20 AM.
                    Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

not really sure. of the fuse..
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bodaciuos View Post
                        not really sure. of the fuse..
                        Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                        Make SURE you install the heatsink for the X-buffer if you run the TV for longer than about 30 seconds.

What is the rating of the original fuse?
                        tom what are the heat sinks your talking about? i dont see any on the boards. is it the metal plate you have to take off to get to them ?

Comment

Yes, the metal plate is the heatsink. It absolutely MUST be installed or failure of the panel is likely.
                          This should work as a replacement:
                          http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...90CT-ND/813068

Comment

well that didnt last for long. i left it on about an hour. and know i have a purple line in the same area . im really nervous about reheating it again. i guess i have nothing to lose. what do you think . is it the heat flow of the board or something else.
                            so i turned t off about 20 minutes turned it back on and know the purple line is gone.. im loosing it..

is it possible that i dont have the fuse. will this make a difference ?. HHHmmm; maybe ill wait to get the fuse before i make things worse.
                            Last edited by bodaciuos; 03-29-2014, 09:36 PM.

Comment

What part are you reflowing? If it isn't the ribbon portion some flux added to the joints may give you a better reflow

Comment

i flowed the left side lower buffer the side where the line is located.im assuming that each buffer controls the side it is on . am i right ? ill have to go to RS to get some flux. im just really nervous to melt he plastic connectors. i wish i new where exactly to heat so i dont have to heat the whole board..

Comment

well i reflowed the board again with flux and it last about an hour. an the purple line returned. im at my wits end. i thought i had it this time. im going to ware out the screws threads. i think, im just not heating it up enough or it just cant be fixed..

Comment

UPDATE; so i figured i has nothing to loose. so what i did was, so to not heat the ribbons and tabs, i left the heat sink on. to protect these part. and i was bold enough to heat each set of chips for 30 seconds each. at a low setting on heat gun. and so far so good. the set has been working about 2 hrs. i think i got it. call it lucky . i figured i had nothing to loose . so after 2 week and 150 bucks give or take. and the most important thing .knowledge.. thank guys
                                    Last edited by bodaciuos; 03-30-2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Once you have the basics down broken TVs seem to appear everywhere. I fixed my first LCD about 8 years ago now I fix several each month. Don't get too discouraged if it fails again there's always another TV to be found. I hope your repair holds for many years, I just gave away the first TV I fixed to my mother In law and its still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb View Post
                                        Once you have the basics down broken TVs seem to appear everywhere. I fixed my first LCD about 8 years ago now I fix several each month. Don't get too discouraged if it fails again there's always another TV to be found. I hope your repair holds for many years, I just gave away the first TV I fixed to my mother In law and its still going strong.
                                        yeah , thanks for your help. i would of gave up. i thought there wasnt a fix for the vertical line., but it seems to be holding for know. my friend want to buy from me but im not sure of the fix. actaully i love the graphics of the tv .for me it looks alot better than the samsung led smart tv ,which cost me a grand. dam i wish i would hae found ths tv 6month ago i could of save a grand or more.. oh well. life goes on .now maybe i could make some of that money back.

Comment

Plasma > LED almost always. This will beat any LED TV on picture quality.

Comment

Working...
                                          X