Samsung / Sanyo DP50747 - no standby voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung / Sanyo DP50747 - no standby voltage

Weather here is looking grim, so I filled up the stove and pulled up a chair to a 50" plasma set that I had promised a friend I would take a stab at repairs on. Plugged it in and got no response. Immediately removed the back panel and visually inspected boards looking for obvious (fuses, caps and blown components). Found a bad fuse, replaced it and put the set on the isolated transformer. Brought it up to voltage and the fuse blew. Started running through the related components and found Q110 ( 11N80C3) to be bad on the power supply (Samsung PSPF561A01A rev. DR3 0.8). Replaced it and powered it back up. Still no standby voltage on the pin labeled 5stb. Pictures are posted below of top/bottom of power supply. Looking for either a schematic or helpful advice on what to check next. I have read through most of the threads and did not find what I needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung / Sanyo DP50747 - no standby voltage

Anyone?

Comment

Which FET did you replace? Can you highlight it?
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Q110 has been circled in blue on the backside.
        Attached Files

Comment

I would always replace that little surface mount driver IC in the case of FET replacement. Next to that FET. They can often get damaged by such failures.
          Last edited by tom66; 02-12-2014, 08:23 PM.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks. I assume this is a PFC or other feedback IC?

Comment

Probably the standby controller - you can look up the part # to confirm - offline flyback switcher or similar.

Comment

200D1 PAKC are inscribed on the IC. When I search Digikey, I get two types of IC's (AC-DC controller and DC-DC controller). PN's = NCP1200D100R2GOSCT-ND and NCV887200D1R2GOSCT-ND. Any idea as to which one might be correct?

Comment

Working...
                X