Hisense 55E76GQTUK screen removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense 55E76GQTUK screen removal?

Hi all, I need to change the backlights in a Hisense 55E76GQTUK. The screen is glued to the chassis, what is the easiest way of delaminating the screen from the chassis please?
    also what double sided tape would you recommend to glue it back in? ….. or is that a question to ask once the screen is out in one piece?
    Many thanks for any ideas you have.

These are not easy too do i have done one recently i used a thin plastic playing card and pushed it gently under the edge or the lcd screen and then worked my way around the whole screen (its double sided foam tape) at the bottom you have too be carful of the tab bonds too. i used double suction cups too lift the screen once loose.
    i used this tape get two rolls as easy to mess up instalation https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115518580531?var=415540932129
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au-iyzRaHiw&t=352s

Last edited by vinceroger69; 04-09-2024, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Brilliant advice, used a 0,5mm thick piece of plastic about 100mm x 25mm. Started bottom corner and worked my way around the screen, used a hairdryer to warm the edge a little, not sure if it was necessary. Only took about 15mins and not as difficult as expected
      Thanks for the links to the tape and vid.

Comment

make sure when re mounting the screen you remove all the old tape (i used ipa and carefully removed all traces) Re mounting the lcd onto the mounting tape was really hard what i did was stick the tape to the tv bezzel exactly where the old tape was i then laid the screen on top of the tape and aligned it properly once i was happy i lifted the screen one edge at a time just a mm or so and pulled the covering strip off the top of the foam tape and the screen just dropped and stuck down in place (i hope that makes sence).
        Last edited by vinceroger69; 04-10-2024, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks, that makes great sense on replacing the lcd on the bonding tape.
          I had a bad backlight, but I'm having a problem finding Hisense 55E76GQTUK backlight sets from anywhere, there are 70 backlights in the set (5 strips of 14 lights on each strip). If I cannot find any I may have to just replace the faulty one on its own. Not an ideal solution and I don't know how to match the luminance of the new led to the rest of them!
          Will carry on looking but any suggestions as to the best way to continue would be much appreciated.
          Many thanks.

Comment

could you tell how did you proved the issue at LED BL... this set had local dimming and there are LED driver boards control the zone

Comment

Originally posted by Runlinc View Post
              Thanks, that makes great sense on replacing the lcd on the bonding tape.
              I had a bad backlight, but I'm having a problem finding Hisense 55E76GQTUK backlight sets from anywhere, there are 70 backlights in the set (5 strips of 14 lights on each strip). If I cannot find any I may have to just replace the faulty one on its own. Not an ideal solution and I don't know how to match the luminance of the new led to the rest of them!
              Will carry on looking but any suggestions as to the best way to continue would be much appreciated.
              Many thanks.
              is there any numbers on the led strips?

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post

is there any numbers on the led strips?
                also what is the lcd screen number (usually on a white sticker )

Comment

Thank you for the replies, with regard to the LED there isn't a problem (only me). I changed the LED and it look the same as all the others.
                  I have attached photos of the led strips and the lcd screen number. I hope you can find a source to buy new strips from so I can do the job properly before rebounding the screen. The led strips are 1080mm long.
                  Once again many thanks for your help.

Comment

I have looked on the sites i use and sadly cant find them hopefully other members maybe able to help
                    Last edited by vinceroger69; 04-12-2024, 05:07 AM.

Comment

They seem to be an oddity, I have only found them for sale on a Russian website!!!
                      Thanks for all your help, I have never done a bonded screen before so I have learned a lot of new techniques.

Comment

Originally posted by Runlinc View Post
                        They seem to be an oddity, I have only found them for sale on a Russian website!!!
                        Thanks for all your help, I have never done a bonded screen before so I have learned a lot of new techniques.
                        How many leds faulty on the tv have you just replaced them (i have had to do this in the past as could not find the correct strips) i know people dont advise just replacing the odd led but in my opinion it saves another tv from landfill for a while longer.

Comment

I still haven't found any backlights and I have only found one bad led so I will change it on its own.

Comment

Yep, Hisense and tcl TVs will turn off if just 1 led is bad.
                            some Sonys do this also

Comment

Working...
                            X