Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Tx-40cx400b top left half screen not displaying correct

Hi,

Trying to work out if this is TFT problem or TCon issue.
    The TV powers up but the top half of the screen, from the right it is OK, but as you look across to the left halfway across it starts get duller and duller until it is very dark on the lefthand side, currently I trying to clean the remote as it seems to have something film wise on the pads stopping it from registering buttons pressed.

Also when changing the screen size of Windows PC display to say to a smaller pixel sizewindow, the original window displayin the top left stays/takes a few seconds to disappear?

Thanks for any info
    Paul

Originally posted by armoured_smiler View Post
    Hi,

Trying to work out if this is TFT problem or TCon issue.
    The TV powers up but the top half of the screen, from the right it is OK, but as you look across to the left halfway across it starts get duller and duller until it is very dark on the lefthand side, currently I trying to clean the remote as it seems to have something film wise on the pads stopping it from registering buttons pressed.

Also when changing the screen size of Windows PC display to say to a smaller pixel sizewindow, the original window displayin the top left stays/takes a few seconds to disappear?

Thanks for any info
    Paul
    what do you mean with TFT ??

this CX set had direct LED... please show the backside of all boards....

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post

what do you mean with TFT ??
      Thin Film Transistor (TFT) is a liquid crystal display manufacturing system based on an active matrix of thin film transistors.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post

Thin Film Transistor (TFT) is a liquid crystal display manufacturing system based on an active matrix of thin film transistors.
        this is wrong sorry.... TFT and LCD are 2 boats quite different ... MB video switching data are different... freq relay too .. recherche rate too-- so how can we compare both just by letters name ?????

Comment

his is wrong sorry.... TFT and LCD are 2 boats quite different ... MB video switching data are different... freq relay too .. recherche rate too-- so how can we compare both just by letters name ?????

Comment

I had one of those and remember it having the panel side tabs only on one side, if yours is like that, it can't get better.

Comment

Okay, my mistake been out of the loop didn't realise that TFT is no longer not the same as LCD, apart from that how can I prove if it is the LCD screen or Tcon board causing this issue?

Comment

Okay, my mistake been out of the loop didn't realise that TFT is no longer not the same as LCD, apart from that how can I prove if it is the LCD screen or Tcon board causing this issue?
                at least show us all boards, to know if they are from vestel as well the panel

Comment

Comment

So, is there anyway I can prove if it is the Tcon or panel that is the issue (without having to buy replacement parts which it or may not require)?

Comment

So, is there anyway I can prove if it is the Tcon or panel that is the issue (without having to buy replacement parts which it or may not require)?
                      disconnect the LVDS from t-con and turn on... if the back light come on.... keep lvds disconnected and fed the t-con F1 with 12V from power boards rait

Comment

Does it display like this when using a different source than the PC? Also does this effect show when you select the menu, or the smart apps page?

Comment

Working...
                        X