UE65HU8500T picture issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE65HU8500T picture issue

Hi. Please help. I bought this TV completely dead. The seller said it was working fine and suddenly died. I had no reasons not to believe him. Looked quite rich, nice and clean, house. Not somebody selling second hand TV and needed to make extra money. Complete TV with accessories. I have replaced main board and TV come back to life but with picture as per photo - left side correct, middle and right like burnt OLED. Also on right side is visible ghosting. Would you say it is a panel faulty or main board I had from eBay? Shall I try different main board and tcon or take it straight to dump? Shame as TV is in pristine condition.
    Last edited by bebek; 03-06-2024, 12:51 PM.

check yours panel code sticker on chassis and log in service menu to compare it.

Comment

Thank you. I will have to buy next main board to do that. Is that a real possibility?

Comment

Originally posted by bebek View Post
        Thank you. I will have to buy next main board to do that. Is that a real possibility?
        why to buy another MB..... log in service menu at the one you have issue and under option you will find several panel type,

Comment

Yes. That would be easy but I had a chance to return mine so I had returned it to cut loses but if you say it is the case and possibility I will buy another one again.

Comment

Originally posted by bebek View Post
            Yes. That would be easy but I had a chance to return mine so I had returned it to cut loses but if you say it is the case and possibility I will buy another one again.
            hey MAN.... you bought boards from ebay. one look like yours.. but you dont know until now for which model series or size and which panel type it was working with it... in service menu we learn all this information and can be changed any time...... this is my last post. over here ,,save money as you wish.

Comment

Remembers me an old case when.i repaired a quite old Sony LCD, there was dark, saturated, delayed bad side, i repaired it with a strange trick, interrupting the gate drivers vcc, turning on tv, tv.showed black,.then reconnecting vcc, this was maybe a reset or short killer, the trouble is panel

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                Remembers me an old case when.i repaired a quite old Sony LCD, there was dark, saturated, delayed bad side, i repaired it with a strange trick, interrupting the gate drivers vcc, turning on tv, tv.showed black,.then reconnecting vcc, this was maybe a reset or short killer, the trouble is panel
                I am not sure what are you trying to say. Does the trouble is panel means the panel is faulty?

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post

hey MAN.... you bought boards from ebay. one look like yours.. but you dont know until now for which model series or size and which panel type it was working with it... in service menu we learn all this information and can be changed any time...... this is my last post. over here ,,save money as you wish.
                  Thank you for this advise. I will buy another one and try. If there is a hope there is a will .

Comment

Yes i think faulty panel

Comment

I believe this tv has side cof. As a last resort you can try removing cofs from the side that is affected.

Comment

prendilapittellaebatacchialasulprocessore...

Comment

Hi. Finally got another board to try. Same problem on power on but I can't go into service menu. Tried all options from the net without luck. Can somebody advise how to get to service menu on this TV please?

Comment

if you have mobile device android with IR sender.. you can use this apk there are also hacked one .
                            if you are in service menu use this link for entry references

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                              if you have mobile device android with IR sender.. you can use this apk there are also hacked one .
                              if you are in service menu use this link for entry references
                              Thank you

Comment

I have tried three different phones and app is not working moaning about some network issues. Any other suggestions how can I get into this service mode please?

Comment

There is absolutely no configuration issue, who is telling you to buy boards or entering menu is totally out of the road, the image you posted show a correct image on the left but not correct on the right, this brings to only one answer, the tv hitted by an overvoltage or something gone wrong with the panel driving, depends on if the tcon is separated or not, now you have problems with the vgh/vgl signals so the row drivers can't turn on /off correctly the rows on the right, removing the vertical cof is an old technique, something better could be attempted, not by rookie user maybe.. you can also try the screen self test if you don't believe me, detach the MB, solder a wire between PSB 12v and tcon fuse input, insert current and.watch RGB test..
                                  Last edited by Davi.p; 05-19-2024, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                                    There is absolutely no configuration issue, who is telling you to buy boards or entering menu is totally out of the road, the image you posted show a correct image on the left but not correct on the right, this brings to only one answer, the tv hitted by an overvoltage or something gone wrong with the panel driving, depends on if the tcon is separated or not, now you have problems with the vgh/vgl signals so the row drivers can't turn on /off correctly the rows on the right, removing the vertical cof is an old technique, something better could be attempted, not by rookie user maybe.. you can also try the screen self test if you don't believe me, detach the MB, solder a wire between PSB 12v and tcon fuse input, insert current and.watch RGB test..
                                    Thank you. That is very informative. So as I understand I should disconnect ribbon cable between main board and tcon. Connect 12V to tcpon fuse and it will start self test?

Comment

Comment

Should I replace tcon?

Comment

Working...
                                        X