Philips 40PFT4009/12 bootloop (TPN149E)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 40PFT4009/12 bootloop (TPN149E)

Started after unplugging power cable when TV was turned on. (remote control was lost and user didn't know where power button is located)
    So my first thought is firmware corruption.

Tried autorun.upg and upgrade_loader.pkg on 16GB FAT32 MBR formatted USB stick but neither did anything. Maybe I just don't understand how to start them.
    When USB inserted and TV plugged in, it just starts up and continues bootlooping. When USB plugged in and I hold down power button when plugging TV in, it just doesn't do anything.

Attached boot dump (at the end it just restarts and start over)

Any tips on how to get USB upgrade to work or any other idea what's wrong?
    Attached Files

What you need here is the service firmware and a USB flash drive no larger than 4 Gb.

Comment

I assume upgrade_loader.pkg is the service firmware, right?

https://toengel.net/philipsblog/firmware-archiv/#2014 Which I got from here.

Comment

Yes, there should be a service name "upgrade.pkg". And whatever matches your chassis.

Comment

If the update does not pick up, then hold down the “OK” button on the remote control and insert the plug into the socket. Yes, on this chassis you can simply rename the update file from the official website to “upgrade.pkg”
          And a lot depends on the USB flash drive, you need an old one with 2-4 Gb.
          Last edited by lotas; 03-03-2024, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Switched to 4GB. I see from logs that it does seem to see and mount it but still not upgrading. Got to find the remote then

Comment

Yes, you need a remote control.

Comment

Okay, I will get it tomorrow morning. Will update when it is tested.

Comment

Still no luck when pressing OK on remote while plugging TV in.

[APP_SHL_SWUpdate_VerifyUpdateFile(): 1399]SHL_SWUPDATE#no correct file exist!!!

I guess incorrect file?

Edit: Nevermind that, had another file on stick and forgot to plug in receiver cable Will continue soon.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 03-04-2024, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Chassis TPN14.1E LA?

Comment

Yes.

But I found a strange way to fix this TV.

By holding down OK, at one point I could press other buttons and the TV would stay on. Half of the menus were missing/faulty but software update part was working. So I just used autorun.upg to rewrite software and that seems to have fixed it.

Comment

we wrote many time over here.... Philips with upgrade_loader.pkg will response for it noly if the USB stick formatted in MBR mode FAT32 !!

Comment

Yes, you did not read my first post? It did not work. USB stick was detected, that was not the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                            Yes.

But I found a strange way to fix this TV.

By holding down OK, at one point I could press other buttons and the TV would stay on. Half of the menus were missing/faulty but software update part was working. So I just used autorun.upg to rewrite software and that seems to have fixed it.
                            You're saying you held ok and chose auto update from the tv menu?

Comment

No. By pressing OK, it stopped bootlooping and I could see update menu seemed to work. So I replugged usb with correct update file and it detected the update file automatically.

Comment

ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X