Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UN50KU6300F constant reboot, bad backlights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to hear you have fixed the tv and another saved from landfill

Comment

It would be nice if they could all be fixed simply with a component or 2, but unless you work with them a LOT, it can be a real pain to figure out. Just had to retire a good old samsung ccfl from 2007, couldn't figure out the powerboard fault. Could have bought a replacement but had the back off so many times, there was nothing left of the plastic screw receivers to hold the back on and I'm always pretty careful not to over-tighten. Screwing metal into plastic it's so damn easy to strip it out, should stop at the first sign of resistance, beware using power screw drivers. A lot of manufactures have REALLY cheaped out lately, was recently looking at a Hisense 55-Inch Class A6 Series 4K UHD, cheap one board piece of shit, all plastic so the one board has to screw into plastic with a little piece of metal sitting on there, that's suppose to do the grounding I guess, is what they're thinking, shabbiest construction I have seen lately. Wonder if anyone started a thread topic on cheapest made junk they have seen, this hisense fits there. Small wonder I prefer the older tvs that actually use some metal in the construction.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-03-2024, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
        It would be nice if they could all be fixed simply with a component or 2, but unless you work with them a LOT, it can be a real pain to figure out. Just had to retire a good old samsung ccfl from 2007, couldn't figure out the powerboard fault. Could have bought a replacement but had the back off so many times, there was nothing left of the plastic screw receivers to hold the back on and I'm always pretty careful not to over-tighten. Screwing metal into plastic it's so damn easy to strip it out, should stop at the first sign of resistance, beware using power screw drivers. A lot of manufactures have REALLY cheaped out lately, was recently looking at a Hisense 55-Inch Class A6 Series 4K UHD, cheap one board piece of shit, all plastic so the one board has to screw into plastic with a little piece of metal sitting on there, that's suppose to do the grounding I guess, is what they're thinking, shabbiest construction I have seen lately. Wonder if anyone started a thread topic on cheapest made junk they have seen, this hisense fits there. Small wonder I prefer the older tvs that actually use some metal in the construction.
        Wow that one does sound cheap! I cracked a Samsung curved trying to open it because the entire back is screw less. It snaps together all over and it wouldn't let go in one of the corners so the screen fractured.

A tip that usually works for me with screws is to turn it backwards slowly until you feel it drop in the groove of the thread. It usually makes a slight click sound. Then you know you're in the thread.

Putting this particular tv back together the other night was a pita because none of the corners wanted to live up with the screw holes. It was like it shrunk while it was off.

Comment

I hear that, wish I had a time machine, could go back and just refuse to buy any tv with these damn flimsy easy to crack as an egg shell and ALWAYS prone to shorting panels. They have better resolution and are bigger and lighter than the old crt but not nearly as reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by x_orange90_x View Post
            Here's the clip
            don't see anything on video

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
              I hear that, wish I had a time machine, could go back and just refuse to buy any tv with these damn flimsy easy to crack as an egg shell and ALWAYS prone to shorting panels. They have better resolution and are bigger and lighter than the old crt but not nearly as reliable.
              They keep making the panels thinner too. I feel like my dent pullers are even too much sometimes for these panels. I get that they want TV's to be lighter, but today's 70" tvs only weigh 40lbs at most! At this rate, crazy-flying house flies will be cracking our screens in the near future!

Comment

I hear you, God forbid a gecko gets in the house and starts bumping into the tv. tv gone

Comment

Working...
                X