Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sony kdl-52lx900 3 blink problem

Hi, guys.. I need your help..
    I have sony kdl-52lx900, first my tv turn on with the green light but no picture no sound but sony logo light up, after 1 minutes my tv turn off and turn on straight away again and again, so i tried to reflow the chip of the mainboard with heat gun i thought i saw smoke from the main board, i put the mainboard to the tv and connect everything, now my tv blink 3 time standby light, like standby light blink 3 times pause standby light 3 time pause....please for your help guys...

Thanks so much

Re: sony kdl-52lx900 3 blink problem

This the pic of power supply

I tested the dc voltage and only 3.3 voltage is on, other like 12 voltage and 12 voltage to tcon is zero on multimeter, sorry this is my 1st time used the multimeter.
    Do you guys think it can be fix by replace transitor, diode, capacitor on power supply?
    And what should I check in power supply using multimeter?
    Thanks guys
    Attached Files
    Last edited by handycap; 01-10-2014, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by handycap View Post
      This the pic of power supply

I tested the dc voltage and only 3.3 voltage is on, other like 12 voltage and 12 voltage to tcon is zero on multimeter, sorry this is my 1st time used the multimeter.
      Do you guys think it can be fix by replace transitor, diode, capacitor on power supply?
      And what should I check in power supply using multimeter?
      Thanks guys
      Please helpp me to solve it....

Comment

Read up what the Sony 3 blink error code means for this set.
        I think we need a picture of both sides of the main board to see if it looks damaged from the heat gun- have you had success doing that before? why did you try that first?

As you ONLY have the 3v it suggests the main board is at fault but I dont know what the blink code is for that set.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
          Read up what the Sony 3 blink error code means for this set.
          I think we need a picture of both sides of the main board to see if it looks damaged from the heat gun- have you had success doing that before? why did you try that first?

As you ONLY have the 3v it suggests the main board is at fault but I dont know what the blink code is for that set.
          I did heat gun for my ps3 mainboard and it work, so I tried do it again to my sony tv.
          the meaning of the 3 code is Three blinks - B+ over voltage protection (OVP), unit goes to the standby mode then displays the 3 blink fault. This is also a problem in the power supply circuit, check T603 and R672.

And also I did test to the 3 transistor near the dc connector, it look in multimeter 0.302, 0.200, 0.03.
          Is it possible problem from the transistor?
          I wish not the mainboard broken cause I couldnt find a mainboard like this in jimmyshop.

thanks for your help

Comment

This my mainboard picture:
            Front :

At the back :
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by handycap View Post
              This my mainboard picture:
              Front :

At the back :
              Help please...

Comment

I really dont know where to start obviously torching your main board could only help if you knew that was a problem as it is you may have damaged it? and the pictures are not really clear enough to see.
                What I can see is multi references to fuses F**** have you located and tested them all.
                On a board that size its not much good saying you have tested a transistor you either need a good picture and a visible board number or you post a picture and circle it. You also need to quote the part number and if possible find a datasheet for it. You would need all that anyway if it is faulty and you have to replace it.
                Have you found and tested R 672 - you will need to lift one leg off the board to do that.
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
                X