HP Plasma PE0000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Plasma PE0000

yes but if there is a problem it would do it after it warms up if you have a weird pictureand it's all pixelated from cold start up then there is other issues like the other members said there could be a regulator issue or capacitors over driving the IPM.

and don't think you're going to annoy us by asking too many questions. that's what we're here for to ask questions and get questions answered
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

I will get the caps replaced as mentioned and report back. I think I may have them on hand so probably can do that tonight. Also, I will send a pic of the pieces that fell out tonight just so you know which they are as I am not sure of their names.

If you think that oscilloscope would be beneficial, I will get it ordered. I plan on making this a common use of my time if I can learn enough so I don't think it will go to waste. But, I do not have a clear understanding as to how often an oscilloscope is used or needed either in these cases.

Thank you guys for the help.

Comment

Ok, these are the pieces that I had to resolder. And here they are soldered back on. Not perfect by any stretch but appear to be in there good.

I don't have any of the 100UF v35 just 180UF v35 so I will need to order some of those

Is there a way I can narrow down the problem. Here is a video of what it looks like if this helps any.

http://youtu.be/t-EOlpXxhOY

Thanks!
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't think those smd caps are supposed to look like that. I recently had to do some so I came up with the best method I could. I tinned both pads (tiny bit of solder on them. I then slid the cap onto one end, heating the pad as I did. Once the cap was fully on, one pad was done. I then applied a -small- amount of solder to the other end and verified the joint with a loupe.

To be honest if you can it might work better to solder a through hole cap on the SMD pads.
          Last edited by tom66; 03-10-2014, 08:04 PM.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance. The SMD caps are the silver caps? So, you are saying instead of trying to solder the joint directly you just heated up the whole cap itself? And a loupe is basically a magnifying glass to confirm you have a solid joint? I'm not completely sure I am following when you say solder a through hole on the SMD pad. I'm sorry but do you mind explaining?

What exactly do these caps do? Same thing as normal caps? Just a surface mount variation?

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post

--I did replace all the 33 and 68uF caps around the three 15V regulators on the Y-SUS of both sets, these 15V rails supply amongst other things the IPM switching drive voltage and if low can cause the IPM to get hot/fail.....

--There's only 6 of 'em and easy to change, might as well do them, Use 100uF 35 or 50V to replace the hideous S.M. ones the makers used.....
              Alastair - I just wanted to clarify, you replaced the 33 and 68uF caps with the 100uF 35v? Or did I misunderstand? I was going to order the caps tonight but wasn't completely sure.

Comment

None of the caps appear to be swollen. Would it still make sense to replace them?

Comment

Working...
                X