Toshiba 42HL167

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 42HL167

I have a Toshiba 42HL167 that is been acting up on me lately. Sometimes every thing works fine and then others the backlights won't turn on. I have checked the power supply and it is providing 24 volts to the inverters even though they are not turning on. Does this sound like bad inverters to you guys or bad caps somewhere else?

Sometimes I turn it on and everything comes up fine, led blinks and turns green, screen comes on. Other times it seems ok, led blinks and turns green (stays green) but the back lights never come on. Other times I have turned it back off and then turned it back on and everything is fine. Other times I have let it sit powered on for a minute or so and the back lights finally came on. I have never had the picture go out on this tv once it has come on, only had problems getting it to come on. If it gets to where it won't turn on, I leave it unplugged for awhile (overnight, a day) and come back and everything seems to be working again.
    Last edited by cequil32; 01-06-2014, 12:58 PM.

Re: Toshiba 42HL167

Didn't see any caps swollen or anything...might have to dig down to the inverter boards...don't like how I have to take everything out to get to these though.

Comment

Re: Toshiba 42HL167

You might have a problem with backlight laps. Check for bad caps first.

Comment

Working...
      X