Samsung frame horizontal lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung frame horizontal lines

Does anybody know what causes and is there a way to fix or check for the issue I have the TV set upside down at this moment.
    Last edited by yankys; 01-03-2024, 12:59 PM.

Panel short or TCON board issues. Not sure if frame TV has tcon board, I've seen a few of these on marketplace with similar issue. Or damage to screen. I've never actually had one though so I can't say for sure

Comment

• yankys
      yankys commented
      Editing a comment
      Could it be a bad main board as these don't seem to have a TCON board It's like a ghost image, picture plays perfect other than that .

Comment

It almost looks like one of the test patterns that you would do back in the day

Comment

Yea generally the tcon board is part of the main board. Definitely possible. Expensive TV so I can understand wanting to fix it. If you can't diagnose, that would likely be the part to change. Shop jimmy will do free returns minus shipping costs back and forth.

I still would guess it's the panel, but I'm no expert yet.

Comment

I will check Shop Jimmy what about the possibility of that cable that goes to connect box?

Comment

Pretty sure that's not it. The main board/tcon/panel supplies the image. I would consider it if it was only on HDMI ports or something but if it's on everything then no.

Comment

Thank you for the help I am going to get a main board and go from there. Hopefully it fixes it. If not, I guess bad panel.

Comment

Replace the main board from shopjimmy didn't fix it , had same issue + the replacement board wouldn't recognize the connect one box and the clips that hold to the tv were broken when I received it So I'm guessing bad panel 😞.

Comment

I mean it should recognize the one connect box. Those clips are important because it keeps the main board grounded properly. It's potentially possibly you got a bad main board from them.

I'd still think panel issue but not recognizing the one connect box is a mystery. Does the old one recognize it?

In the end those one connect boxes and cables can be sold on eBay for like$300 some times

Comment

This is the same old LCD panel defect, not 100% fixable but with masking tape you could at least save it in some way.. check the site for the tons and milion times treated argument,,

Comment

Original board Work as it should other than the lines in the screen I may try to tape if that'll work because the picture is good other than the lines, yes, I have the remote, the stand and the wall mount, which is brand in the box.

Comment

Wanted to post an update had it working except for maybe one minor data line, the left side LED lights quit I'm not putting any more time into this. Not worth the effort now with the light being out. So I have a mainboard, power board, RF board Wi-Fi board, connect box, connect box cable, remote stand ,wall mount. Maybe I'll find something down the road to put all this with who knows but thank y'all for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by yankys View Post
                          Wanted to post an update had it working except for maybe one minor data line, the left side LED lights quit I'm not putting any more time into this. Not worth the effort now with the light being out. So I have a mainboard, power board, RF board Wi-Fi board, connect box, connect box cable, remote stand ,wall mount. Maybe I'll find something down the road to put all this with who knows but thank y'all for your help.
                          Sell them on eBay. Chances are extremely low you'll find a good panel tv like that. I live in Tampa and I've yet to see even one good panel frame TV. Sell em off! And get 5 yr warranty through Costco. Haha we tried though

Comment

Working...
                          X