logik 32 inch LC32DIGB20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

logik 32 inch LC32DIGB20

heres my logic 32 inch tv it has developed a fault were when you go to switch it on it flickers on for a second then goes back to standby you can just see the logik logo for a split second before it turns off so I have had alook for any bad caps on any of the boards and they all look good so then I thorght well I will try an eliminate each board by unpluging it and see if the if it will stay on ano it sounds abit stupid but this is what I got theres a 3pin plug which comes from the inverter board to the picture board when I unplug it the tv will stay on but with no picture or sound and when this is plugged back in the tv goes into standby so I don't think its the power supply because the tv stays on wen I unplug that3 pin plug but im pretty much stuck with it at the moment I wil upload some pics of the boards for you to see and see what yous think

Re: logik 32 inch LC32DIGB20

...didn't you have another thread about this TV? You were asked to provide pictures.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

here the pics of the boards and that 3 pin plug I was saying about
      Attached Files

Comment

does anyone know what this black component is on the psu board and does anyone know how to test it becacue this is the only thing on all the boards that look like it got hot but I wanna be able to test it before I replace it
        Attached Files

Comment

That black component is the PFC choke, probably not going to cause your fault.
          Do you have a digital multimeter to make measurements?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hi yes I do but it woulnt upload the pics so I had to make a new thread so they wud upload

Comment

yeah well I still have power so I was thinking that to just wanted to make sure it wasent blown that's all and yes I have a multimeter

Comment

Check all the voltages on the connector going between the main board and power board. Main board has video inputs on it.

Comment

ok I will do i'll let you know what they are do you know what that 3 pin plug is for coming from the inverter board to the main board
                  Last edited by scottish_rj; 11-14-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I don't know what they should be, usually they are labelled, but we can make guesses too, around 5 or 12V is common.

Comment

ok no probs I will test it and let you know the volts thanks

Comment

hi tom 66 i have had abit of luck put the power board back in the tv and tryed switching it on and it came on plugged the arial in and all seem fine then after about 5 min it turned itself off again so i got the multimeter and started checking the caps on the power supply and theres 3 x 450v caps which are reading 250v and then there 3 x 35v caps which two of them are reading 24v and the other the one mark with blue only had 11v do you think this is why or do you think it may be something else ?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I can't see anything in that image: it's too small.
                          Did you manage to get those connector voltages?

Comment

yeah volt are ok from the psu to the main board they are 24v and 5v as they should be do you thinks it capasitors why it turns off after about 5min

Comment

Do any of the capacitors look swollen? At one end there is usually a stamped cross or y to give them a failure point. This end should be flattened. Are they all flat or are some rounded or bulging? Can you take a picture in focus of the power supply board and the inverter board?

Comment

theres no bulging caps they all look good I have tested the ones on the power supply and theres one 35v cap what is only reading 10v the other two 35v caps are reading 25 v and the 450v caps are reading 220v when turned on

Comment

The rating printed on the capacitors is a maximum. It is not what they should actually measure at. Capacitors would be unlikely to cause this fault, especially on a set this new. Please do the tests requested.

Comment

hi yes i have done the tests what you said between he psu and the main board they are ok and are what they say on the board

Comment

OK, there's a good chance it is a backlight fault. Unfortunately your pictures are too small for me to see all the parts in the TV - you must upload big clear images.

Comment

i dont have another camera sorry and its like somthngs over heating or gettin to hot because it turns on and stays on for like 5 min and the time gets shorter everytime i try and turn it on to were it just turns on and flickers and turns off but if you think its a baclight fault could i unplug the inverter board and see if the tv will stay on for longer than 5 min with this unpluged what do you think

Comment

Working...
                                        X