Panasonic 50PX60U Plasma, One Blink Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic 50PX60U Plasma, One Blink Error

I have a 50PX60U which had some weird and confusing symptoms.

1-There was a vertical black bar on the top right corner running down halfway through the screen but it wasn't very wide so it didn't bother me.

2-It made a loud buzzing noise which I heard happens with plasmas but mine could be heard from far away, so I took off the back panel to try and figure out which component was making the buzzing, couldn't really figure out which one.

3-Put it back together, it was working fine, next morning I turned it on and the screen flashed some weird black and white pattern with horizontal lines, then shut off, turned it on again and it worked.

4-Finally I turn it on, it powers the fans up for a couple seconds then powers them down and starts blinking a red light, there is no number of blinks like other people have mentioned it's just blinks once with about 3 second intervals in between and they go on forever. In the service manual it says "no check point" for this one blink error.

I've tried disconnect the YSUS and turning it on and also the ZSUS but it does the same exact thing.

Any help would be appreciated since I'm a poor college kid and can't afford to have it serviced (this is what happens when you get a $200 plasma on craigslist haha

Re: Panasonic 50PX60U Plasma, One Blink Error

1 blink error is typically the A board. The thin black line is a panel fault, not repairable.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      1 blink error is typically the A board. The thin black line is a panel fault, not repairable.
      Okay, so I'm not worried about the thin black line, it's really small and in the corner so it doesn't bother me, but can this TV be operational again ?

Comment

Most likely it would involve replacing the A board, which is the board with the video inputs on it (HDMI, etc.) I can't remember if this has multiple different boards like DG, H though -- tw2005 might want to chime in on this?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          Most likely it would involve replacing the A board, which is the board with the video inputs on it (HDMI, etc.) I can't remember if this has multiple different boards like DG, H though -- tw2005 might want to chime in on this?
          Thanks for your help!

Funny that you mention it, tw2005 is actually who referred me to these forums.

He thought at first that it might be the logic board but now I'm not sure what his conclusion is.

Comment

Originally posted by 50PX60U View Post
            Thanks for your help!

Funny that you mention it, tw2005 is actually who referred me to these forums.

He thought at first that it might be the logic board but now I'm not sure what his conclusion is.
            Sorry, I was thinking DG,D boards. I have no definite conclusion and hoping someone here has a little more experience.

2007 was the first plasma I played with.

But i have not fault found one this old, 2006 model, except for a very simple reseat of a LVDS cable for a red image.

Posting some pictures can help people recognise the layout.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by tw2005; 11-05-2013, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
              Sorry, I was thinking DG,D boards. I have no definite conclusion and hoping someone here has a little more experience.

2007 was the first plasma I played with.

But i have not fault found one this old, 2006 model, except for a very simple reseat of a LVDS cable for a red image.

Posting some pictures can help people recognise the layout.
              Got it, I will post pictures tomorrow!

Comment

Alright, I've uploaded the pictures I took. Hopefully this sheds some light ?

Here's the album:
                http://imgur.com/a/PTBdq

Comment

Working...
                X