Problems with Insignia 42" Plasma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problems with Insignia 42" Plasma

There isn't such a thing as a titanium cap AFAIK, it's probably a small snubber capacitor of the order of a few hundred picofarads at 1kV.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi Tom66

Yes you were right
      I searched around on the net and found a pdf service manual for NS-42PDP
      it had a schematic of my power board and I found the cap to be a 330pf 1Kv
      I,ve yet to get one and replace it.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Guy's

I finally replaced the small 330pf cap on the supply board to no effect.
        I've also tried swapping out the Zsus board, also to no improvement.
        If I play with the up/dwn pots on the Ysus board during startup of the TV,
        I can speed up the clearing of the screen, but I have't to readjust again for
        sparkles and rainbow effects alittle while later as the TV comes up to normal running temperature

Still original problem but watchable after about ten minutes

still stumpped

Comment

Hi Guys

Spent a few more hours read postings for a 42' LG Plasma and came across a post by grbgemen (screen slowly fills up).
          In that posting RayRod81 talked about the caps around the UP/DWN setup pots causing this problem on the Ysus board, not the Zsus board.
          Because he was talking about a 52" model, the cap# numbers didn't match my board.
          I looked at the baord and I had approx 6 caps at the 10uf 350v size in the area of these pots.
          I replaced them all with 10uf 450v caps and the tv comes on right away now.
          Out of the 6 caps two were bad using an ohm meter to charge and check them.

Now I have to try and setup the voltages and setup pots to get rid of noise and Sparkles.

Thanks to all for your help so far

Comment

Working...
          X