Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

42pc3dv ysus question

Hi everyone,
    I'm working on a 42pc3dv - no picture has sound. Bad fuse on ysus board( short to ground). I did the test on the ipm that I found online and it tested as bad. I have a few questions hopefully someone can help me out with.

After removing the ipm, I tested at the rings on the board where the ipm sits, a lot of the rings have continuity to ground( I attached an image). Is this right?

There's a resistor on the board R36, one of the leads has continuity to ground, does this sound right?

The sideways cap has a slight mark on top of it ( its not bulged), does the mark indicate that its bad?

Does anyone know where I could purchase the P8 connector?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Attached Files

Re: 42pc3dv ysus question

I can't answer definitively, but I suspect your resistor and IPM circuit board readings are fine. The cap doesn't appear to be blown. Someone here may have a junk board with the connector you need. I checked myself, and I couldn't find one.

Edit: The P7 connector on the logic board should be the same as the P8 on the Y-Sus. The logic boards can be had for less than $10 on eBay if it comes to that. There are quite a few substitutes for your TV: http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsear...e]=Logic+Board
    Last edited by capkid; 08-07-2013, 02:39 AM.
    LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply capkid,
      The clip is completely off, not sure if I can just place the ribbon back in then sit the clip on it then hot glue it down, thinking that route if I cant get this connector.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkM View Post
        Thanks for the reply capkid,
        The clip is completely off, not sure if I can just place the ribbon back in then sit the clip on it then hot glue it down, thinking that route if I cant get this connector.
        I've heard of people using hot glue on those broken connectors - never done it myself. I'm not sure if you broke the latch or someone else did, but I always use the index fingers on BOTH hands to carefully lift the latches; they're too fragile to pry up with one finger. I've broken a couple myself.
        LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Working...
        X