Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TH-50PZ70B Sparklies

Hi
    my Panasonic TH-50PZ70B plasma seems to have developed a case of the sparklies. TV is fine when first switched on, problem seems to develop after roughly an hour and pretty quickly spreads over the whole screen. Can you give me any ideas what to check please? I'm a novice at this so go easy on the jargon - thanks.
    Eric
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic TH-50PZ70B Sparklies

There is a cable between two of the boards. The "A" board and "D" board. Reseat this cable. (Remove and reinsert.)

If you cannot locate said cable, post pictures of inside the set and someone here can highlight it.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks for the reply - I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        There is a cable between two of the boards. The "A" board and "D" board. Reseat this cable. (Remove and reinsert.)

If you cannot locate said cable, post pictures of inside the set and someone here can highlight it.
        OK, i've looked at the back of the set and basically, I don't know what I'm looking for! So I've attached a picture in the hope that someone can point out the A & D boards. Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

See attached. Reseat the highlighted cable.
          Attached Files
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
            See attached. Reseat the highlighted cable.
            Hey, you guys are really on the ball :-) really appreciate the fast response. Found the cable and re-seated as requested - I'll see how things go from here. Thank you.

Comment

Hi,
              After re-seating the cable between the A & D boards and powering up, the sparklies returned big time straight away - no warm up period required (previously the display appeared ok for about an hour).

What's the next step?
              Attached Files

Comment

This problem is usually caused by this cable. Try pressing on each connecting end while in operation (do not touch anything else), does the picture change?

Comment

OK, I've re-seated one end of the cable (the D board end as it's the easiest to get to) and the display is currently working ok. I've left the TV on and I'll see whether the sparklies re-appear. Thanks for your reply Tom.

Comment

Just like to say thanks guys for your assistance in sorting the display problem out on my TV. I've had it running over a number of days and the sparklies have not re-manifested themselves. Thank you so much for helping me sort the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X