Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VisionQuest LVQ-47HLR-FHD, Model No. 126 Stuck on Test Pattern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VisionQuest LVQ-47HLR-FHD, Model No. 126 Stuck on Test Pattern?

Hi all,
    Have a Vision Quest LVQ-47HLR-FHD, Model No. 126 (Rembrant) TV, that when powered on, goes to a test pattern screen that flashes a different test pattern aprx. every 5 seconds or so and will not respond to presses of any buttons, ie: Menu, Input, etc.

The screen seems quite fast to come alive after power on, and also quite bright even in a well sun lit room.

I assume that this tv is an off brand and likely (hopefully), uses some mainstream brand's components?

I have tried so far:
    Un-Plugging the tv, for up to several hours & powering on again,

Same as above, while holding various buttons down during power up of the tv, (and once I was able to see the VisionQuest name on screen for a few seconds before it fell back to the looping test screen).

Using all of the different input sources; HDMI, VGA, Composite, etc.

I hear no sound at all and neither the volume or channel buttons seem to have any affect when pressed.

I have gone to all the places I know of looking for a service manual with no luck.

Google'd and searched within this and other forums for similar symptoms, with no luck.

I did find a couple of threads that seemed like they were related, but did not seem to lead to any satisfactory conclusion.

* I don't have the remote (but may be able to get one).
    * As of yet, I have not opened the case, since it almost seemed likely to me that there may be a way to do a factory reset, etc., without opening it up.

If anyone here has seen similar behavior (even in a different model / brand), I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for looking.

Re: VisionQuest LVQ-47HLR-FHD, Model No. 126 Stuck on Test Pattern?

Hi there,

I have the same tv with a similar problem, did you ever find a solution?

Thanks

Comment

Apologies for posting twice.

I took a photo, the blue bar on the left changes color every few seconds.

http://i.imgur.com/2p7jqOc.jpg

Comment

I never was able to get any info on mine so I scrapped it

Comment

That is odd, your TV might be in test mode, but it also looks like you have a problem with the rest of the display. It could be a bad LCD panel or a loose connector.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank you both for the replies.

Tom, should I open her up and look for loose connections? Would it be similar to a PC component?

Comment

Did you ever get it working? I have exactly the same problem.
              I did find a capacitor on the PowerSupply board that was bad. 1000uf35v

I do have a meter that can check the caps so plan on removing them one by one to check if I can find any more.
              Attached Files

Comment

Btw that didn't fix that problem.

Comment

Take the original remote control and on the D-pad AKA arrows around the Ok/select button press the up arrow, then then down, then the up, and finally down again. Should reset the tv. Sylvania models go into test mode all the time and that fixes the issue 90% of the time.

Comment

Hi Nick, can you please add that instruction for the VisionQuest you have to this thread?
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809
                    Thanks.
                    Never stop learning
                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hmmm I don't have the remote for it.

Comment

I tried with the power on and off going through all the codes from my Bell Satellite (Dish Network) rcvr. Couldn't make the remote work.

Comment

I fixed it today!

The original 1000uF 35volt capacitor I showed earlier on the power supply board.

Their are 4 680uF 63Volt capacitors on the two sides boards....they looked a little bulged on the end....who would of thought all 4 measured badly with my meter. Replaced all four and it fired right up!

Took me a few extra minutes to figure out how to switch inputs without the remote.
                          1. hit Input
                          2. volume up/down until you have the right one sleected.
                          3. Hit both channel Up+Down at the same time to select.

Nice sharp picture!

Comment

I ran the TV 24hr/day since I posted above. Turned it off last night ......turned it back on this morning and same symptom of lines on picture.

Just when you think you got it all figured out.....

Comment

I give it back to the User and he has now been using it for a couple of months ......says it works fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X